CHAPTER 17

Adrianne Smith

Toronto, Canada

Toronto, Canada

Saturday 19th April, 2020

9:23 PM

"Come on baby, let's go!" I coached as Aubrey did leg presses that was apart of his recommended exercises to help aid in his recovery.

His face scrunching everytime he felt his leg muscles contracting.

Despite the New-Year starting off well, it got a little rocky towards the end of January when Aubrey tore his ACL.

And not to mention the pandemic that took the world over by storm.

I had flown to New-York to do a campaign and press run for Jordan.

Luckily, I had finished working the day prior and used the extra day i had to explore the city with Paris and Ally when i got the call of my boyfriend's accident.

Immediately I dropped everything and flew back home to Toronto. Thank god it wasn't anything too serious and his leg would be able to heal overtime.

However, since then i have managed to push back all of my business affairs and fully taken on the role of nursing him back to health, with the help of the family of course.

Everyone has chipped in to help out with him. Although the doctor has Aubrey on bed rest and minimal up time Aubrey hasn't stopped working.

40 and Noel basically brought the studio to him and he records in the bedroom or whenever he's downstairs laying on the couch.

He's conducted his ovo apparel meetings via zoom as well as ovo sound meetings with his artists.

I admired him for being such a businessman as long as he was following orders and resting I was okay with it.

As for his physical therapy...he was getting that in more ways than one I you know what i mean.

His trainer Marcus and i had been keeping him in tune with his physical therapy in which Marcus also knew how to do.

On the days that Marcus didn't come to the house then I would step in and take over.

What can I say? I'm a jack of many trades.

He was getting better slowly but surely, I wanted him to take his time. I know he was itching to get back on his feet fully but i was going to make sure he took his sweet time.