Prologue

Braelyn

As the blue and red lights continue to flash in my peripheral vision, I still don't move. I don't move, I don't blink, and I don't respond. Someone is talking to me. Of that I am aware. I just don't care to hear what they have to say. Nothing that I say can change what happened. Nothing can take me back in time to when things were simpler. To when me, mom, dad, and all my friends were happy. How could so much have changed? Will it get worse before it gets better? 

Ashton

I watch from a distance. Silent as the night. I can do nothing for her pain. So I stand here in the shadows and watch the guilt eat her alive. She wouldn't accept my help anyways. Who would, after what I had done? This has all happened just like we all knew it would. Can she forgive me? Most importantly can she forgive herself? 

Braelyn and Ashton are from two different worlds. Not in the sense of popular and nerd, not like good girl and bad boy. Two different worlds like he lives in a world were scary stories are real, he knows about the monsters and the things that lurk in the dark, because he is one of them. Braelyn is naïve she lives in a world that she doesn't understand, when she begins to learn the truth does she wishes she stayed ignorant? Will he love her? Will he Protect her? Or will he be the one to end her?