The Date

The cold shower was helping Gulf calm his racing heart, it was a normal reaction of his body to act this way.

It will be Gulf's first time doing this, he hardly has the opportunity to fix himself, at least not paying too much detail about his appearance.  He has come to feel quite comfortable around the few people he is always around.
Now trying to look his best, "the first impression is very important," he told himself as he remembers his mom telling him that when he turned 18 and was leaving home to go to college.

Wiping the foggy mirror, Gulf noticed he still has that young face, even when he turned 28 exactly two months, six days, and 20 hours ago.
"Okay, Kanaut, let's get ready and see what life has for you. Let's go and have fun, you can do it." He headed to the bedroom.

There, he picks up the newly, fresh washed boxers, followed by him putting on a pair of jeans as he was aiming for a casual look. A dark blue shirt and black shoes completed the assemble. Looking at himself in the mirror, deciding if it was too simple or not. He decided to stay like that since he will meet the other person at a restaurant. Not wanting to look too formal nor too casual when he enters the place.

It's not like he has too much experience there, he prefers to enjoy a nice walk around the park, especially during Autumn, or stay home and watch movies.
Listening to his friends and family regarding his romantic life, Gulf decided he needed a boost and a date will make that happen as a start.

Walking to the main area of the apartment, he scanned the space, traces of his life for the past 5 years are permanently printed in frames around the living room.
Gulf smiled and quickly glances at the watch, still have enough time to walk around the park for a while to calm his nerves before heading to the restaurant to meet the other person.

As he walks around the park and sees family interacting with each other, kids playing around with their friends, other with their pets. "I made the right decision, " Gulf reminded himself as he walks to the street to catch a taxi and a vision of the future appear in front of him.

The door closes, "3042 Beagle street, please," Gulf told the taxi driver.
The cab driver glances at Gulf over the rearview mirror and smiles as he can notice Gulf's nervousness. Being working as a cab driver for many years he knows a thing or two about life. In reality, Gulf is the 3rd person he drove around the city that show the same signs, meaning, they were acting strange, in a good way, at least Gulf nervousness was an amusement for others.

It was fifteen minutes later that Gulf arrived at the bar.
The traffic was excellent only a few cars in the street even when it was still early on a Saturday night. Gulf wished it could be like that every day, he hates getting stuck in traffic. Hence one of the reasons he prefers to take the train, more economical and helps the environment, but you cannot expect a guava tree to give you oranges, so traffic will be the same.

Gulf paid for his ride, thanking the amuse cab driver, "hope you enjoy your night sir, and thank you." The driver told Gulf. Gulf smiled and opens the door, outside the restaurant, Gulf examined himself, and determining he looks fine, he proceeds to enter the restaurant.
The restaurant was lively even when it was dark, only a few lights lit the area. People were chatting, amusing each other, or it could be the alcohol talking.

Just now Gulf realized his palms are getting damp with sweat. "Good evening, sir. How many?" A voice asked, standing next to Gulf. Gulf was lost in his own thoughts that he was startled. "Er- excuse me?" Gulf asked the tall, fit, and handsome man next to him.

The man smiled at Gulf, "I am asking how many people will be with you tonight, or are you joining someone?"
Gulf looks around, trying to see if he can locate the person he is meeting tonight, not much luck.