chapter 2. THE FALL OF SHIGANSHINA ii

𖤣𖥧.𖤣𖥧𓆏𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧
━━━━━━━━━━━

It happened 107 years ago, which is common knowledge.

The entire human race — us excepted, was devoured to extinction.

A horrible mixture of earthquake and explosion was made as people flew, completely blown away, but it was only a kick from the titan for Wall Maria's outer entrance to break into pieces. Like glass shattering onto the floor after slipping from a child's small and soft and innocent hands, unknowing of the consequences.

Some people worship the walls, telling that it is was gift from God. To protect humans from the main predator — the Titans. Then why was it easily dented, broken, and fallen by the hands of the man-eating monsters?

Are we all destined to die like this? Every living thing will eventually come to an end. As Charles Darwin made his view of extinction and its role in evolution, quite clear. That extinctions of species have occurred gradually and continuously throughout the history of life.

Inevitable, it is just a matter of time.

Debris flew through the air like meteorites crashing onto the earth. The half has destroyed nearby houses and the other half crushed the bones of many as people ran away from the cause of their panicked state. (Name) also ran for her life, like the others. Her energy is purely based on adrenaline coursing through her veins at the moment. Cold sweat has formed on her skin, along with the fast tapping of her worn-out shoes. Hair stuck on her pale face and clothes dirty, no doubt she looked like a mess.

Shiganshina is a mess.

Screams and cries echoed in her mind as she ran past the houses. She knew it would haunt her whole being for as long as she lives in this twisted world. She was about to round right in the corner when she was yanked back by the arm, head-turning to the person.

"Let's go, (Name)!"

"(NAME)!!"

It was Grandfather and Armin!

'I'm glad they're alright,' she thought, as a quick ghost of a smile was shown before they hurry to the evacuation boats readied by the river. She was supposed to be relieved, but her guts told her otherwise. Something is not right. . . Then it dawned to her, Where's Eren and Mikasa? Could it be that they also went back to their house? Then they surely went to check if Mrs. Jaeger evacuated with the others. She silently sent prayers for their safety.

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Armin, are you sure you're alright?"

(Name) asked the blonde boy, a hand on his shoulder while examining him with her dull eyes for any possible injuries. A concerned look on her usually calm face, patiently waiting for his response. She rarely shows any kind of facial expression, but on some time she did. Showing expressiveness can be used as a strength or can lead to one's downfall — a weakness. And she believed the latter, well, Eren was a different case. That boy was just plain stubborn, almost like an open book.

"I'm alright. . . How about you?" he replied, with an almost unnoticeable shaky expression when meeting her concerned gaze.

"I'm fine. Are you sure though?" she asked again after she caught the subtle action. The latter only nodded so she asked instead, "Do you think Eren and Mikasa are on board already?"

The blonde boy abruptly stood in realization, "Yes. I saw them earlier. . ." he trailed off, seemingly remembering something. His brows furrowing in deep thought, looking to the wooden floorboards.