Chapter Sixteen

Kian argued with the guys to let he and I ride in my car alone with no one else, I didn't mind having other passengers but he insisted.

"Alright, here." After he had slammed the car door he immediately handed me the auxiliary cord. "Time for Kian to get inside that head of yours again." He winked at me and gave me the smile of a puppy dog.

I laughed. "Okay, okay. Calm down Kiki." I plugged in my phone and started to play I Feel Like Dancing by All Time Low just for fun. I began singing the silly lyrics in his face as we pulled out of the driveway.

He reached over and kissed my cheek. "Honest question, Kila."

"Honest answer, Kian."

"At what point in your life were you the happiest you've ever been?"

I kept my eyes on the road, trying to find the best way to answer this question. It has become obvious to me that my childhood was absolute shit and my high school years were full of sex, drugs, drinking, and lots and lots of self-loathing. I sat and thought about it for a while, Kian patiently awaiting my answer. I smiled at him. "Right now."

"Right now?" He tilted his head, seemingly confused.

"So far...this summer has been amazing. I know it's only been a couple weeks but I'm definitely the happiest I've ever been." I smiled over at him, the next song came on. It was by Man Overboard.

I'm finally laying somewhere where I'm happy that I'm here,
and my troubles said goodbye and the heartache disappeared.
I miss you most when I try to act like I don't care about the warm hands,
I think that were best friends.

"I like you, Lawley."

"Oh, thank God. I was a little worried." He laughed at me and took in the rest of the song. "I'm sorry that you've had a rough past...but I'm here for you so none of that ever happens again. I'm still waiting for you to tell me exactly what went down back then, just know that when you're ready for that conversation I'll be here." Kian gently rested his hand on my knee while I continued driving. "I like you, Clarke."

Everything felt okay, everything was alright. "I just hope I don't ever do anything to fuck this up, Kian."

He shook his head. "No way could you ever fuck this up, Kila."

||||||||||

"Can we get some ice cream before we go to the club?" Trevor asked, climbing out of Brax's van.

"Sure thing, kiddo." JC joked, ruffling with the hair on his head.

"Hey! You're messing up my sassy hair, you bitch." Trevor whined.

"Ice cream sounds good. Jim wanted us to be there for his little grand opening and present the name to us before anyone else." I said, checking my phone and tossing it in my font pocket.

"What did you do to get on this dude's good side?" Sam asked, finishing off with a yawn. I assumed he had slept on the car ride here.

I looked over at Kian, hoping he was ready for what I was about to say. He nodded. "Okay, well we have a little bit of a past together."

Brax laughed as he started walking towards a random ice cream spot. "A little bit? You're such a joker." He held his hand out for Connor to hold, the two of them ahead of the group.

"Maybe not a little bit, a lot a bit I guess." I sighed. "We were never really dating, I was just a good booty call and if anyone else tried to get with me that I didn't like he would step in and pretend to be with me. Um...I was lonely...he was lonely..." I looked at Trevor, not knowing how much adult he could take. "Jim and I made each other not lonely. Frequently. Almost daily."

"So you guys fucked a lot is what I'm hearing." Trevor bluntly added.

"Well okay. Now I know where you stand Trevor. No wonder you hang out with these hooligans." Brax said from the front.

"Oh yeah, he's en eighteen year old in a twelve year old body." Connor laughed.

"Sixteen, Connor. I'm sixteen." Trevor looked over at me while pointing over at Connor. "Grandpa over there is always forgetting how old I am."

"I knew I had a weird feeling about that guy." Kian whispered to me.

"Don't worry about it babe, my days with Jim are well over. He got me to start some pretty hard drugs and I just couldn't handle it. Luckily I had Brax to help me sober up from that lovely addiction." I stated sarcastically and kissed Kian on the cheek. Brax really did help me through that but I had a hard time trying to stop. Every once and a while I would try to find a way to hit that high again but I couldn't give in so easily. I won't tell Kian about that yet.

Kian let go of me for a second. "Hard drugs...?"

///|||\\\

WOAH That's where we cut this chapter off. I have a lot of ideas floating around that I really just need to sort out before I just throw them all out there.

I'm super close to hitting 800 views! So thank you guys for that!

Alright, maybe I can pull out an update tomorrow! We'll see.

Love you guys so much!

***takieitback

[I Like You by Man Overboard is the song today!]