Please, come with me...

When you arrived at his hut, you entered, and he looked over at you smiling. "Glad they fit you! Do I need to do anything to them to make them fit better, or..?" He trailed off, and you noticed he had thread and needles near his workstation. This man was clearly self sufficient. And he was good at cooking, not that you'd admit it though.

"No, they're fine, I love the color too!" You twirled, like you were putting on a show for him, giggling a little while you did so. "So, what are you working on, can I see it yet?"

"Nooo, that would ruin the surprise!"

"Can I at least have a hint?"

"I suppose... when you play it, Ill be able to hear it, or more accurately, you," he chuckled, before continuing, "I put a little magic in it so that I'd always be able to hear it when you play it, I'll be thinking of you when you are hopefully thinking of me" he laughed then, before turning back to the project. "That's all your getting as a hint though! So don't ask for more. I'm sure it will be done by the time you leave to go home.

You paused, smiling before his words sank in. "When do you think I should leave..?" You trailed off, your heart hurting at this realization that he was kicking you out. Was he kicking you out? It seemed like it.

"Well, I don't want your whole town to come looking for you, though from what you said it sounds like they wouldn't even know where to start looking." He looked at his work, before deciding it was ready for the next step and put it in his little oven, and stoking the fire underneath it. He turned to you and smiled. "Oh! Here, I can show you where you can hang up your clothes to dry." He led you back out of the hut and around the house to where he had some line up. He helped you hang your clothes before leading you back inside. "Don't want to leave that unattended too long, it may crack and break if I overcook it." He went over next to it, and was keeping an eye on it as he cleaned up his work station, and you went into his bedroom.

"I actually have a question for you!" You poked your head out from the room and looked over at him. "Could I keep these shorts? They're very comfortable..."

"Of course! I haven't actually worn that pair in a while anyway, I don't know if I was ever going to again." He laughed, he did that an awful lot. The author should really figure out how to write a character better, I mean, even his auto correct/auto fill is catching on at this point... what?

"Oh, and do you have a map of the Un- uh, Charted Forest I could bring home with me? I want to make sure I can find you if you stay here..."

"Yeah, just a sec! I think I have one somewhere, and I could totally Mark this place on it." He put on a glove and pulled out the project, still keeping it hidden before bringing it over to the workstation and covering it up. He then went over to some drawers and rummaged through them before pulling out a map, and making sure the hit was marked on it before handing it to you. "I can lead you to the road that will bring you to Tale tomorrow. You should rest, it's getting late."

You yawned in agreement and placed the map on the table before heading back into the bed room and curling up on the bed and falling asleep to the sounds of Zane painting the gift.