Florist

There was a florist shop on the streets of Seoul that many visited when in need of flowers for any special occasions and of course getting a glimpse of the beautiful owner was a plus as many claimed that no one could differentiate the difference between her and the flowers in her shop.

She was prettier than any flower she sold but regulars of her shop never tried to ask for her number as this exotic flower was taken long time ago with a picture of her and her husband on her counter as evidence.

"Nyeongan," Jisoo greeted the man, Jungkook that walked into the door and looked a little taken aback at the amount variety she had in her shop. "Are there any specific flowers you are looking for or are you finding flowers for a specific occasion?"

"Erm I'm looking for flowers for our one month anniversary," the boy said shyly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Three roses than, that's what couples give during their one month anniversary," Jisoo said immediately, her brain had already registered meanings of all flowers long time ago. "Three roses means 'I Love you'."

"Erm are roses too common? I feel like it seems a little dull," Jungkook blurted out nervously when Jisoo was starting to scurry for red roses around her packed store.

"If this is the way you think then maybe we can change the flowers. Every flower means differently to each individual," Jisoo halted in her tracks and turned around, returning to her counter. "What's her name?"

"Lisa," he said shortly and Jisoo racked her brains to think of a suitable flower.

"Do you mind if I ask how did you guys get together?" Jisoo leaned forward on her counter with interest, she always liked hearing other people's story and from there she comes up with a flower or an arrangement of flowers that suit each individual.

"We're childhood friends and I've liked her since but we only got together a month ago because she confessed that she's been ignoring the boys in school because she only like me," Jisoo chuckled when she saw a tint of blush creeping up his cheeks, he looks like a shy bunny.

"It's so embarrassing that a girl confessed first," Jungkook covered his eyes in embarrassment, not aware that while he was speaking, Jisoo had already chosen a flower and was snipping off the long stems to an appropriate length.

"There's nothing embarrassing about that, she radiates with confidence if she had the guts to confess to you first. Here, three Lilies mean 'I Love you' in your own personal interpretation," Jisoo smiled at him and tightened the a yellow satin ribbon around the stems. "Lilies are associated with innocence which fits both her name and your pure love story."

"Don't people bring Lilies to funerals? Would she think it's inappropriate?" Jungkook voiced out his worries.

"You can give each flower their own meaning in your life, yes lilies are used in funerals but also wedding bouquets and are a staple for weddings are are commonly associated with purity, innocence and you could change the colours if you don't like white," Jisoo reasoned, sometimes she much prefer extraordinary choice of flowers than the typical generic bouquets that people bought.

Jisoo could see that he was hesitating and was looking around her shop to try to find something more "appropriate" to him but she still stand by her decision. Maybe yellow lilies or tiger lilies?

"Since you told me your love story, I hope I can tell you mine," Jisoo said suddenly and he nodded. "I met my husband when I was studying arts in university and I was working part time in a florist shop at that time and delivered flowers to those who ordered in my campus."

Seven years ago

"This is the fiftieth time I am seeing you today," Jisoo heaved a tired breath and handed him another red rose. It was valentines day and the orders coming into the florist shop was nonstop but she soon realised the recipient of all these roses that people ordered were more or less to the same person.