8: 57th Scouting Mission pt. 2

They swung through the trees at a suicidal speed, following a trail of bodies and massive footsteps. Erwin was right, she was back.They swung through the trees at a suicidal speed, following a trail of bodies and massive footsteps. Erwin was right, she was back.

<><><><>

Levi saw the body of Eld smashed against a tree.

No.

He changed course, looking for any more. He saw Petra, and not far away was Oruo.

No. Not these.

He saw the body of Gunther, smashed to nothing but goo in the shape of a large foot.

No. Not again. They took even more.

He landed by Petra, her face still somewhat whole, and Tay landed beside him, looking off the edge of the tree branch.

But that was all just background noise. The buzzing in his ears drowned out everything else. The titans took more from him. They just kept taking, and taking. Killing good men just because they wanted to.

He shook his head, growling under his breath. Tay stood, leaning on his arm.

They heard a pained scream from Eren, and Tay gasped. "He's down!" She screeched, leaping off the branch. Levi followed, all of his protectiveness coming into the light now that his squad was gone.

He couldn't save them, or the thousands of men who died today, but he could save her and Eren. He wouldn't let them go so easily.

He heard the sounds of ODM gear and shouting, seeing Mikasa flying around the female titan like a fly. He laughed at himself.

He was about to take on an intelligent titan with someone who just finished basics and a new recruit.

"Levi!"

He looked at Tay. "I'm going to go titan! I'm more comfortable fighting in that form!"

"Do it." He growled already making a plan in his mind.

She nodded and retracted her lines, plummeting.

Lightning struck.

A smiling female titan stood threateningly, and roared, eyes glowing red.

The other female turned in amazement, not understanding. How could there be a second one?

Levi and Mikasa attacked, a whirlwind of slicing and blades, steaming blood flying in graceful arcs around them. Tay came smashing through the trees, even her titan form was small, but she made up for it in speed.

Tay launched herself at the other female, roaring in her face. Levi took hold of Mikasa's jacket collar and yanked her away from the fight, knowing she was likely to get smashed.

"I get it, you love him. But we have to do this the smart way."

She looked at him with raw desperation and shock on her normally emotionless face, but held still.

Tay wrapped her legs around the other titan's knee, twisting and pulling it out of its socket.

It fell to one knee, screeching in pain.

Tay jumped, landing on its head and clawing off chunks of blonde hair. The other titan reached up, grabbed her by the throat and threw her into a tree.

Levi jumped, Mikasa not far behind, and sliced all the way up her arms, taking away her mobility.

Tay stood again, shaking herself, and ran back in.