Down The Rabbit Hole

Fear. Fear has a mind of it's own. And so does thrill and excitement. And right now, CJ was feeling all of those emotions, like they came alive and are having a tug-of-war match with her body. Fear holding onto one arm, thrill and excitement on the other. She tumbled.  And like that, excitement and thrill win. She jumps to her feet, she spun to see that her dagger was gone. She growled and spun back to her opponent. As he landed on her with all his weight. She tumbled again and tried to kick him off. He grabs her wrist and holds her down. A smirk grows across his distorted face and he leans for her neck. His black hair falling in a curtain around his face. She kneed him in his precious parts and he groans. She was finally able to roll him off. She jumps to her feet and steps on his neck. Before she can crush his wind pipe, there is a scream from behind her. She kicks him in the face, knocking him unconscious.  She spun as she pulled the dagger from the man's belt. She let out a mad cackle and repositioned her hat at an angle with smirk. The excitement was taking over her body, spreading warmth through her. The wind picked up and threw her long blue hair out of it's braid. Her hair tumbled down her back, falling just above her butt. She turned, knowing who caused the wind. A boy with black raven wings winked at her and smirked, a boy she remembered as Azment. He threw out his arm as a man ran by, heading towards CJ. Azment's arm caught the man's throat, crashing him to the ground, gasping. There was another scream and CJ spun to find Alice Liddell's daughter pressed against the wall, holding Ryan. CJ's face darkened. She had been told to stay hidden with Ryan. She whistled and hands hooked under hers. Suddenly she was flying straight into the danger. She looked up to see the raven wings flapping above her, carrying her to her prize. The boy dropped her in front of the girls. She glowered at the girl and turned to the men surrounding them. A crazed smile crossed her face as she looked the men. She tilted her hat once again. It was a felt, black top hat with a bright red mourning veil. She had customized it, cutting off most of the black veil, leaving two of the thick red ribbons hanging over her left shoulder. Two purple feathers stuck out of the band and a tea cup stitched to the side of the hat. She felt a fluffy creature perch on her shoulder, the Cheshire Cat was sitting there. CJ leaned into the purring cat. She then faced the men and let a growl go from between her wide set smirk. "Now boys," CJ said in her thick british accent. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." She held up her hand, her entire arm was covered with colorful spirals that looked like vines. She knew those also covered her other arm, around her right eye, across her chest, around her ankles, and down her back. They were like tattoos that had scarred over. As her arm lifted, so did the men in front of her, shrinking until they were the size of chess pieces. They then turned into chess pieces and floated to her open palm. When they landed, she quickly whipped off her hat, shoving them into it and putting it back on her head. She heard someone familiar calling her name. But it wasn't her name. What they called out was "Hatter" but, CJ still recognized the name as her own and responded to the call. She turned, only to be hit by a flying object. Everything went dark.