Chapter 7: Prep With High Voltage

After classes ended, Shizuka made her way to the Kita training facilities while making sure to keep her identity under wraps with her hoodie.

"She said training room number fifteen...no sign of her anywhere though," she said with her eyes wandering.

Her sights were soon fixated on her best friend, who was up against a wall growing more and more impatient by the minute. He tapped his foot against the floor while mumbling to himself. "What a bore, if I wanted to sit around doin nothin', I would've jet home already. What's takin' her?" He questioned tapping his foot on the ground.

"Yo, Rei. This is kinda weird. Knowing you, I would've thought that you'd be bumming it around your dorm by now," she greeted him with a two fingered wave.

He looked up in response, with a surprised look on his face that slowly became a questioning raised eyebrow. "What's up? Y'know, minus the 'bummin' it' deal, I could say the same to you, why'd ya drop in so suddenly?

"About that, I thought she'd be here by now, bu-"

"You made it~~ Shizu, Shizu, Shiiizuuuu~~!" Evie sang.

"Speak of the devil, there she goes." She said, turning to greet her Although to her dismay, Evie flew towards her, drooling with her arms open while wiggling her fingers.

"It's been sooooo long, how've you been~~?!"

A hand held out in front of her, she stopped Evie in her tracks, even though she didn't relent and kept reaching out to grab her. "Calm down, it's been a day for one thing, and for another, I'm well, but not enough to let you touch me how you want."

"Hey, can ya put a can on your pervy side for one sec?! If ya haven't forgot, we're supposed to be trainin'!" He growled."

"Of course I remembered," she rebutted, retracting from the purple haired girl's palm, "I just needed to recharge my Shizu reserves!" She proclaimed, with her hands on her hips.

"Ya called me here for such a stupid reason?" Shizuka growled, baring her teeth as she pulled on Evie's cheeks.

"Wait, wait, wait! That'sh not all, I shwear! Justsh shear me out!" She tried to tap out, pleading to her as she was released from Shizuka's grip.

"I didn't tell you over the phone, but, Tochi and I have an upcoming special match. Long story short, we've got a couple days to prepare for a fight with numbers one and two of Kita."

"You're kidding?! Rei, what the hell is it with you and pissing off the upper ranks?" She asked, grabbing him by the shoulders and giving him a shake.

"H-h-hey! I-I'm n-no-t a b-b-bottle of-f ketchu-up, q-q-quit ittt!" He begged, being quickly let go. "Why do ya hafta assume it's somethin' I did?" He asked, only to think for a second. "...Actually...don't answer that... In a nutshell, I didn't want the Treasurer position, so I told 'em to piss off, which leads us to now.

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "You've gotta be kidding me, you really turned down the position? What were you thinking?"

Reito looked to the side, trying to avoid her gaze. A distant look on his face, like he was ashamed of something. Shizuka seemed to get an idea in her head of why he did it, but for whatever reason, she withheld from talking about it and let go of him.

"Whatever...I guess it doesn't really matter now. One thing though," she brought up, turning towards the one who called her there, "why do you need me?"

"I was getting to that. You're definitely super strong, so you probably know the ins and outs of a fight, like cleaning up mistakes, and capitalization, among other things, right? You're an O-...well, you know.