Chasing Annabeth

How could she be so blind?

I have gone out of my way to do everything I could to get her to notice me. Every mission I do, I think of her to get me through it. I have had a crush on Annabeth since I first woke up from my battle with the Minotaur. I started to really like Annabeth since we got back from our first quest. I throw out the most obvious hints, but she is still too blind to see them. She still thinks of us as just friends. She is still hung up on Luke. Luke. Who is on the side of Kronos, who betrayed everyone at camp half blood, along with all the other Gods. Now Luke is possessed by Kronos.

Annabeth had been sobbing the entire time we had been running. Now she collapsed and put he head between her knees. Her sobs echoed in the tunnel. Nico and I sat next to each other. He dropped his sword next to mine and took a shaky breath. I looked at Annabeth, still sobbing and saying Luke's name.

"Annabeth." I said. She didn't even look at me. "Annabeth, how could you still like that creep? He sided against us Annabeth. He wants to take control of all the gods."

"You don't understand, Percy! You just-"

I stood up. "No. No Annabeth I don't undertstand." I walked closer to her. She looked up at me, her eyes wet with tears. "I don't understand how you, daughter of Athena, could be so blind to see what is right in front of you."

"Wha-what do you mean Percy-"

"I am in love with you Annabeth Chase. I have been in love with you, for almost four years now I have been. You love Luke, who left you to fight for the titans! Annabe-"

Before I could finish, Annabeth kissed me. I was so shocked I couldn't move. I felt like my heart was running a marathon. When Annabeth pulled away I just stood there, with my mouth open, looking like an idiot. Annabeth put her finger under my chin to close my mouth.

"Seaweed brain," she gave a half-hearted smile, her eyes red from tears, "Gods, seaweed brain. I have loved you since I was 12. It was just fun watching you try so hard for all those years."