Prologue

A little boy wandered around the cold and dark house. His small feet making pitter patter sounds on the slightly damp floors. It was odd; this place. It was just like where he had been seconds ago, but lonely. Darker, colder. The sky was always red and the floor always had a thin layer of water on it.

Was it water? It was hard to tell since the red of the sky glared onto the liquid causing it to be a weird mirky red. There was a moon here too. There was never a sun. But it was fine since the moon was big. Still silver, but big. There were clouds here too. In fact there was weather here. It rained. But it rained blood. 

The houses were odd too. Only one or two were ever set straight. They were mostly at weird angles or warped like some kid took apart a toy and put it back together and then threw it on the floor. they were odd colors too. Like one was blue with red stripes on it. Another was black with red checkered pattern on it. 

There were big dolls and toys here. It was odd, because they were all familiar to the boy. He didn't know where he had seen them but, he knew that they had shown up somewhere in his life.

The little boy was wearing, only a rag as a dress. His pale blond almost ash hair, was dirty and unkempt. His whole being was painted with blood. Some from the rain, others from running and slipping and skinning his knee. Or cutting himself from trying to make food out of what was in the pantries and fridges of each house abomination. 

CLING!

CLONG!

CLING!

CLONG!

The boy looked up at the clock and sighed. He rushed back down the stairs and covered the door with a sofa. He checked each wood slab covered window to make sure they would last for a another night, and when he was satisfied he went back up the stairs and grabbed a large kitchen knife that was under the pillow of the bed he had claimed as his.

It was 8:00pm. That was the time the dolls and toys came alive and tired to eat him. He didn't like it here. Not one bit. He was scared. He wanted to cry, but he was scared that crying would make too much noise. The toys were everywhere you see. They can smell fear, the salt in the tears, they can hear the wipers and the droplets as they hit the floor.

He was only... well he didn't know how old he was but he assumed he was around four or five, but he had already almost died fourteen times. He was so done with everything. One day he was happily sitting in the kitchen with his parents and the next he was in this dark, evil, scary, yet beautiful places.

The only thing that kept him sane was talking to himself. Sure it sounds bad but it wasn't. It was fun. He felt a chuckle build up at the back of throat. He kept pushing it down until he couldn't and burst out laughing, clutching the knife in his hand. He lowered his head so that it was touching the mattress and moved his hand to clutch his stomach that was hurting because of all the laughing.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

"come out and pay~! Alexi- Ale- le- Alexi~! come on out~!" 

Alexi. That was his name. He didn't know how these monsters knew it, but they did. He regretted laughing. He regretting everything. He didn't know what 'everything' was but he regretted it.

He hated this. He wanted it to end. He turned to the side when he heard heavy breathing. Peeking out from underneath the board of wood on the window, was a jack-in-the-box's eye. He knew it was the jack-in-the-box since it's eye had a deep cut in it from when Alexi fought it off for the first time.

"he- he- hey~! Alexi come on~! Don't you wanna p-p-p-play a g-g-game~?" it stuttered.

"NO! GO AWAY!" Alexi yelled. He had never done this before, since he was usually just too scared to scream. This time, when he yelled, a black ring came out from his mouth. It quickly made it's way to where the jack-in-the-box was. Once the two made contact, the jack-in-the-box turned black, almost as if it had absorbed the black ring.