The Childhood and Upbringing of Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta

(NOTE: I Do Not own any of the content displayed in this chapter that is copywrited by Lady Gaga!)

  Childhood-

        Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta was born at the Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, New York to a Catholic family on March 28, 1986. She is the elder daughter of Cynthia Louise , and internet entrepreneur Joseph Anthony Germanotta, Jr.,  Gaga is of 75 percent Italian ancestry, and also has French Canadian ancestry.  Her sister Natali was born in 1992 is a fashion student.   Despite her affluent upbringing on Manhattan's Upper West Side, Gaga says that her parents both came from lower-class families.  From age eleven she attended the Convent of the Sacred Heart, a private all-girls Roman Catholic school on Manhattan's Upper East Side.   She described her academic life in high school as very dedicated, very studious, very disciplined  Gaga began playing the piano at the age of four, wrote her first piano ballad at thirteen, and started to perform at open mic nights by the age of fourteen. She performed lead roles in high school productions, including Adelaide in Guys and Dolls and Philia in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.  She also appeared in a very small role as a mischievous classmate in the television drama series The Sopranos in a 2001 episode titled "The Telltale Moozadell" and auditioned for New York shows without success.

 Step to Famehood-

        After high school, her mother encouraged her to apply for the Collaborative Arts Project 21, a musical theater training conservatory at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts.   By age seventeen, after becoming one of twenty students to gain early admission, she lived in an NYU dorm on 11th Street.   In addition to sharpening her songwriting skills, she composed essays and analytical papers on art, religion, social issues, and politics, including a thesis on pop artists Spencer Tunick and Damien Hirst.   She also auditioned for various roles and won the part of an unsuspecting diner customer for MTV's Boiling Points, a prank reality television show.

(I just want to thank everyone for all the views, and I'm really excited to post the new chapter soon!!)