Chapter 15

"Bro, are you okay?"

Lisa asked as soon as she saw Rosé sitting down at the couches. Her best friend's shoulder was slumped, her fingers on her head running her hair roughly, her head bowed down, as she was sobbing uncontrollably.

"Bro ..." Rosé called and lifted her head. Lisa was surprised to see how big of a mess her face looks like. Her makeup was smudged, her nose and cheeks were flushed, and her eyes were sore as hell. She looked like she did nothing but cry today.

The surprise on Lisa's face was immediately replaced with concern and pity when she remembered what her best friend told her two weeks ago.

It was fresh in Lisa's memory. She could still remember every detail of that day when Rosé came home, crying her heart out to the girls. They have never seen her cry that much. She must have been so hurt. She told them she decided to break things off with Jungkook. She said it was the best for both of them.

But hearing Rosé cry every night, Lisa could not help but think what happened to them was not the best for her. She is in her worst shape the past few days, and Lisa fears it would escalate. She barely eats, talks with them, goes out of her room. Lisa doubts she gets enough sleep. It was like someone had taken away Rosé from them and replaced her with a prototype that only knows how to cry.

Lisa also remembered Rosé telling them that after the music show promotions for their collaboration, she would cut ties with Jungkook. They would go back to what they were before they cross paths.

Today was the end of the promotions.

No wonder why she is crying like this.

Lisa tackled Rosé in a hug, rubbing her back as she pours it all out.

"It's going to be okay, Chaeyoung-ah," Lisa said. It didn't sound genuine, even for her. The truth is she doesn't know how things will be okay, or will it ever be okay?

"I don't even understand why I am crying. It was me who cut our ties." Rosé said in between her sobs.

"You love Jungkook. Of course, you'd cry." Lisa said and continued rubbing her best friend's back. She wished she could think of something to say to make Rosé feel better, but she had nothing on her mind. All she could offer was sympathy, and she doubts that was enough.

"It hurts a lot, Lis. It really does." Rosé said. Her lips trembled as she cried. "I wish I made the right decision because it'd kill me if I didn't." She continued.

Lisa sighed deeply. This time, she knew exactly what to say but was too afraid to make Rosé feel even worst about herself. Lisa was convinced Rosé made such an impulsive decision. She can't tell right now if it was wrong or right. All she could say is that it wasn't a decision that's well-thought-of. You know when decisions are made in a rush; most often than not, it ends up with a lot of regrets.

"Are you really convinced you'd be better off without each other?" Lisa asked, instead.