ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 | ʟᴏꜱᴛ

It was seven o'clock, and Liam was going out that night.

Ethan and Julian were away at Julian's family cabin for the weekend. Morgan was out with Kyle, his latest guy, over at his dorm.

Aiden didn't end up lasting over one month after all... Liam guessed they broke up after that awkward game of Never Have I Ever, when Aiden ghosted out of the cabin that next day. Morgan was in a bad mood after that game... He figured they probably had some sort of argument over it.

Liam sat in the empty house after eating his dinner, when he suddenly decided that maybe sitting by himself at the bar gave him a better shot at someone coming up to him versus sitting on home feeling sorry for himself on the couch.

He was still in his rut and meant it when he was going to try giving his attempts a break, but he figured maybe he could get someone to come up to him at the bar. Let someone come up to him that way, give himself a better chance... Maybe?

He still wasn't going to be the one starting anything. He wasn't ready to get rejected, and he figured worst case scenario he'd drink a few cocktails and get an Uber back home.

He fixed up his dark hair the best he could and put on something tight but classy that he felt confident in.

Liam got in with his fake ID, still one year shy of being able to do this legitimately, and walked up to the bar to order his drink as soon as he arrived. It was pretty crowded for a weekday, and he figured that hopefully meant his chances of getting approached went up...

The bartender was hot, but Liam recognized him after he turned around a few times to wipe down the countertop in front of him and internally cringed.

Liam had slipped him his phone number once a few months ago...after getting super hammered and being dared to by Ethan. The guy was nice enough to actually text him later that night, said something along the lines of Liam being cute and all, but he couldn't do that with customers because it was against policy. Told Liam he shouldn't even have texted him because he could have gotten in trouble over it, but he wanted to let Liam know it wasn't personal.

Liam just texted him back 'thank you' and that was that...

Liam didn't think the bartender remembered him, so he just ordered his drink, thanked the guy, and sat on the stool at the bar. He totally didn't remember, there was no hint of recognition in the man's piercing eyes... Only frantic hand movements as he quickly went from one task to the next, barely making eye contact with Liam as he passed him his cocktail.

Liam looked back at the crowd, taking sips of his drink.

He'd never come here alone, to the gay bar the roomies usually hung out in... They had fake IDs, still being 20 and all, and had never been caught at this spot so it became their usual for when they felt like going out. Everyone working here seemed stressed, the place felt understaffed, so it worked in their favor.

After his third drink, right before he decided to give this up and go back home, someone finally came up to him.

"Hey, kid... What's your name?"

He was tall, tan, and had on tight black pants and a black t-shirt. He was built like a tank. His shirt stretched over his chest like it was using every last thread to hold itself together, and Liam had a hard time looking away from the dude's outfit. He was off to a great start, probably giving off creepy vibes to the first guy approaching him that night...

Liam looked up into the man's blue eyes, and he lost himself there for a moment, too.

"Uh, Liam."

"Liam..." The man smirked and Liam looked down at the floor for a second before looking back into his eyes, biting back a grin.