01

Yumi finished in croise devant, the crowd clapping at her performance

It was the 'back-to-school' show they did every year.

All the best students performed by teacher's request.

They had singers, rappers, dancers, artists; all the finest of art students.

Yumi, despite being only in her first year, got the position. Most times, it was upperclassman who got to preform on open house, but when she enrolled over the summer, her Mistress (or teacher) couldn't say no.

Yumi curtsied, before walking offstage.

"You did amazing out there!" One of her seniors beamed.

She nodded with a small smile, before walking past.

She could hear the whispers the senior gave the others when she had walked off.

There was no one more fake then ballet dancers.

Yumi took off her pointe shoes, massaging her sore feet which were covered in blisters.

"Hey Yumi, I have this cream for blisters that works really well! You wanna try some?" She looked up to see another one of her fellow ballerinas.

Min Goram, another first year.

"Thanks." She says simply.

She didn't mind Goram, in all honestly she liked her the most compared to all the others.

Not to mention the fact that they were roommates.

"Here you go!" She handed her the tube, and sat down in front of her, "you know, the others think you're, how do I say this-"

"A bitch?" Yumi interrupted.

"Well- uh, yeah."

"What they think of me is their business. All I'm here to do is dance and study. Not distract myself with gossip."

"Right," Goram nods to herself, "oh by the way you did awesome out there! It's very rare to see 1st years on the open house stage, you're very talented."

"Thank you, you are too!" She smiled softly, and stood up, "maybe we can preform together sometime."

"Really?!" The girl looked up from her hands, only to see Yumi already walking out of the dressing room.

Yumi walked down the empty halls, majority of the students were backstage, in the auditorium watching performances, or in their own dorms.

She scanned the empty halls before taking off her Romantic-Styled tutu.

She walked barefoot with her tutu and pointe shoes in her hands, her outfit only consisting of a leotard and tights.

When she turned the corner, all the items in her hand had dropped and her head ached.

"Yah!" She yelled out as a reflex.

"My bad." The girl looked up to see a blonde haired boy with a layer of black underneath the blonde.

The both of them looked each other up and down, "dude, where's your clothes." He broke the silence.

Yumi looked down to her attire, "first of all, I'm not a dude. Second, I have clothes on."

"Barely." He crosses his arms.

"Look here..." she paused.

"Lee Donghyuck, but my friends call me Haechan."

"...Donghyuck, I don't know who you think you are, but just know I don't-"

"Haechan!" A voice interrupted the young girl.

Yumi turned around to see a tall boy with bright blue hair walking towards the two.

"Oh Jeno, what's up."

"Dude what are you doing, you're missing like half the performances. There's was this first year ballerina who did so well and- who's this." He turned to look at the girl beside him.

"I don't know she ran into me."

"Correction, you ran into me." She furrowed her brows.

"Hey wait aren't you that first year ballerina I was just talking about?" Jeno laughed to himself.

Yumi turned her head to look at him, "yes."

"You killed it out there!" He smiled, catching the girl off guard.

"Thank you."

"Are you leaving already?" Jeno questioned.

"Yeah, I have to study."

"For what? Classes hasn't even started yet." Donghyuck rose a brow.

"None of your business." She hissed.

"It's a bit chilly today, here take this." Jeno said, taking off his cardigan.

"Oh, thank you." She blushed, still trying to keep a calm figure.

"No problem, I'll see you around..."

"Ahn Yumi."

"Ahn Yumi," He repeated, flashing a smile, "come on haechan."

Haechan nodded, squinting as he walked past the girl—who was too busy looking at Jeno.

Yumi stood, staring at the two boys until they were out of sight before continuing her journey to her dorm.

She spent the rest of her day studying and finished it off with a nice slumber.