Chapter 44

*Paola's POV*

After my terrible attempt of an apology, I just sat down and stared outside of the window for about 10 minutes.

Everyone was out with their families smiling, playing, having fun. That could be us but of course I messed it up.

I couldn't stop thinking how bad I pretty much made myself look even in front of Jennifer. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them hated me right now.

Of course I understand why Geoffrey is mad but...he should trust me more.

It has only been one day of our relationship and we are already fighting.

After my indecisive and regretful thoughts, Jen out of no where started asking me questions about my job and family. I absolutely appreciated our small conversation since the air in the cab was too thick and uncomfortable.

"So you are in Miami by yourself? Wasn't it scary when you moved?"

I chuckled at Jen's question. "Yeah but I came last summer so I kind of knew what it was going to be like. When they hired me, I looked up every store that was going to be close to the hotel I was going to stay at. But I mean it didn't really work out since they gave me an apartment."

After I was done talking, I asked Jen some questions like where was she from, where she went to college, and other stuff.

"I loved what I was going into so I don't consider what I do a job. I just wish I could spend more time with my Tatiana or at least try to bring her with me but you know her education is more important."

I could feel her mood change after she said her name. I smiled weakly and hold Jennifer's hand, releasing it after giving her a small squeeze.

"Jen, Tati is fine she knows you do this for her, you'll see her again tomorrow."

For the first time in 20 minutes, Geoffrey finally spoke.

I smiled again because even though he wasn't in the best mood, he still gave some kind of support. He cared about Jen which made me happy since most artists would probably careless about their employees.

"Do you know Tatiana?" I asked Geoffrey, I just hope he replies and doesn't ignore me.

After a few seconds he finally let go of the breath he was holding in and spoke.

"Yes, lovely girl." He turned around a little so he could face us, well Jen. "Just like her mother."

This caused my heart to literally skip a beat and warm up. On the other hand, it brought moisture to Jennifer's eyes.

I hold her hand again and looked deeply at her eyes. "I would love to meet your beautiful daughter."

She smiled and moved her left hand to her face so she could wipe off her tears. "She is going to love you I'm sure of that."

I could see Geoffrey at the corner of my eye looking at me but I didn't want to turn around and make him uncomfortable.

"We are here." Geoffrey said and without looking at us told the driver to wait for us and that he was going to call him when we were ready.

Geoffrey got out of the car which was our queue to do it as well.

Jen and I walked together as we followed Geoffrey some feet away. I'll give him all the space and time he needs.

"Mesa para tres porfavor." Geoffrey said nicely to the beautiful Dominican hostess that was smiling super hard when she saw Geoffrey.

I'm pretty sure she recognized him.