Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Manliligaw

"Paano mo nalaman na dito ako nakatira?" pang-uusisa ko sakanya.

I never told my close friends where I lived. Not even Heather and Dos knew until I completely trusted them. He didn't see my house last time because he got off the car earlier, and only my cousins and best friend know about it. Unless...

I squinted my eyes suspiciously.

"Are you stalking me?" I blurted out.

He chuckled, leaving a mischievous smirk on his face.

My face flushed, and my heart shamelessly pounded in my chest. Enough!

He took a step closer, so I instinctively moved back. He stopped and towered over me, his height making me feel like a lost five-year-old in the middle of a plaza. I could now smell his intoxicating scent even more, and it was tempting to bury myself in his chest. Oh no! Akiara, what crazy thoughts are you entertaining now?

"Sasakay ka ba o sasakay?" he whispered, even his breath smelled so nice!

I blinked at his words. It seemed like I didn't have a choice, right? So, technically, I didn't have a choice? But wait, what if Cassandra sees us together with Morgan? That would be a bigger issue!

I shook my head. "I'll just wait..." I smiled. "Thank you, though!"

His forehead furrowed, and the smile faded from his lips. He got on his motorcycle, and I breathed a sigh of relief, thinking he was leaving. But I was wrong!

Pag dating ko sa pila ng tricycle ay walang ni isang tricycle doon! I checked the time and realized I was running late. Panic washed over me, and I felt like I was being devoured by insects as I stood there anxiously.

Then, to my surprise, Morgan's motorcycle came to a stop in front of me. He still had his black helmet on. Slowly, he removed it, and it felt like a scene from a drama series. His wet, disheveled hair danced as he took off his helmet, and he looked perfect even with the messiness, his chiseled jawline and tempting red lips. I don't find him attractive!

The corner of his lips lifted.

"Are you getting on, or are you going to be late?" he asked, holding the same black helmet he had handed me before.

I let out a defeated sigh.

I took the helmet from him and put it on. I got on his motorcycle and instinctively held onto his arm to keep my balance.

He extended his hand. "Give me your bag," he said.

I shook my head. "N-No, it's fine. I can handle it," I stammered nervously.

Why was I so nervous? I've ridden on a motorcycle before. But he wasn't the one driving, Akiara, my subconscious replied. I shook my head, feeling a bit out of myself due to the thoughts that kept flooding my mind.

He smirked.

"Ayaw na ayaw mo talagang ibigay sakin may gold bars ba dyan..." tumingin siya sa sementadong daanan at isinuot ang helmet, "Dalawang beses ka pa umiling."

His lips curved mischievously, adding to his allure.

He revved the engine of his motorcycle, and it roared like a wild lion. The cold wind whipped through my hair, almost blowing away my headband scarf. We hadn't even gone far when he stopped by the side of the road. He glanced at me, causing me to look at myself to see if something was wrong... but there wasn't.

He took hold of both my hands and placed them on his abdomen.

"Baka mahulog ka," he said, as if there was another meaning behind his words.