4

Scott looked irritated, his face screwed up. Maybe not angry enough to wolf out, though. Hopefully, anyway. "Stiles. Try to look at it from the other point of view. What if he was teaching a class on spousal abuse, for women, and you were a guy shouting about sexism because he didn't want to let you register for the course? You know, if you think you're so hard done by, you might want to remember: it's still werewolves who face more discrimination than humans in almost every area, from employment to the military to freedom to assemble and associate. God, in some states we weren't even allowed to marry humans up until... Anyway. And I don't mean just people born into packs, but bitten wolves too. Just the accident of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with a rogue wolf and getting bit, could get you what amounts to a bar from joining the police, teaching in public schools, or holding public office, babe. Seriously, Stiles, in some states the old legislation still hasn't been overturned. How about a little cultural sensitivity? It's not a question of being an asshole. There are good reasons for legally protected discretion like this in certain cases." And now he was standing with his hands on his hips, gazing at Stiles where he was still giving most of his attention to the list.

Stiles turned to him and sighed, his face screwed up, the tip of his nose pinked up, even, with frustration and longing. "Yeah. I hear you, Scotty. I do. I appreciate the principle of professorial discretion within the bounds of legality and statutory requirements. But I'm applying for this course. And I'm getting on it, too. In fact, I'm going to go talk about it to Professor Hale, today."