The Diary

Chaeyoung crossed her legs while laying on the ground. Her head and upper body is on the ground and her legs and lower body are on the bed, opposite of what should have happened. She started to read the diary.

"Today I talked with Jinyoung about Nara. He and I talked for over an hour. I could say he actually had fallen for her. I mean, Nara is extremely impressive. She's beautiful, stylish, intelligent and independent. In short, she's the whole package. I have a feeling that Nara is also falling for him. She wasn't really clingy with me but she is with Jinyoung. Also, she hasn't asked for anything for almost 2 months. She also has given hints that are quite enough to understand she's in love. It's funny how fate varies from person to person. I was unlucky with Nara. She never loved me. And she's now dating one my closest friends and she's in love with him. I don't mind Nara falling for him. They'll be happy together actually. Lately, Nara and I have gotten closer. I feel like she's sad. Her drinking amount has increased so much! She chugged down 3 bottles of soju. Like what?! I had to drop her home of course. She had promised to come at my birthday party. Honestly, I'd be really happy if she comes. She's the closest friend of mine from my childhood. I also invited some other people with whom I haven't met in a while. Jiwon, Jenna, Songyeon, Minji and Minjun. Jiwon literally disappeared from my life to be honest. I had so much trouble finding him. I still feel bad for him. He went through a lot. If he's still suffering, I'll help him. I don't want him to suffer all by himself."

Chaeyoung read the last notes. A lot of things were clear and a lot weren't. Who's Jiwon? Why does he matter in Jacob's life so much? Is he more than just a friend? Does he know something? Or he's actually related with the murder? What could be the connection? Chaeyoung read through the diary. It contains details of 3 months only.

"Damn! That boy's hobby has to be writing diaries. This thing was full in 3 months."

The young lady thought to herself.

"Hm....looks like I gotta bring his other diaries. They're probably at the dorm. I'll go in a short time. I don't think he's dead. We gotta find him."

Suddenly, Chaeyoung's phone rang. She bought it in front of her face from her bedside table. It was her assistant. She picked it up.

"Hello? Chaeyoung speaking."

"Ma'am....we have a problem. Please come quickly at this place."

"Huh? What? What happened?"

Chaeyoung jolted up and asked with worry dripping from her voice clearly. The person over the phone said something to which Chaeyoung was completely shocked.

"WHAT???"

"Yes ma'am. We found his body."

"Oh my God!!!"

"Ma'am, can you come quickly?"

"Y-yes...I'm coming with inspector Park Jimin and Inspector Jeon Jeongguk. Ok?"

"Ok ma'am. We'll be waiting."

"Ok ok. You guys start working. Goodbye."

She hangs up and dials Jimin's number.

"Hello Oppa?"

She speaks as soon as Jimin pucks up. Jimin sensed the hurry in her voice which made him worried. And his worry was reflecting through his voice clearly.

"Chae, is everything ok?"

"Yes. Please come quickly to the address in texting. Jacob's body had been found."

"Ok. Bye."

Right after that, the cold conversation between the two siblings ended. She was typing the address when. phone buzzed all of a sudden. A notification. A text from Jimin. Chaeyoung read it aloud.

"Prepare yourself. We start our work in fast pace from today. We have to do what we need to get out the truth from Nara's mouth."