Chapter Thirty Three

Chris' POV
My jaw clenched and my fists tightened. Mike saw the look on my face an turned to where I was looking then said,"Yo Chris man, now isn't the time and definitely not the place."
"What the fuck is this clown doing here anyways?",I asked.
"Chris please don't fight him. It's not worth your time.", Chyna pleaded.
"Yeah, foreal Chris.",Taylor added.
Mariah walked over to us and after greeting Mike and Chyna she turned over to me and asked,"What's wrong?"
"September looks lost." I sad nodding towards August "His ass probably got confused and thought he was actually invited."
"He was invited.", Mariah answered.
"By who?"
"Me."
"Are you fucking serious right now Mariah? Why the fuck would you invite that nigga to one of the greatest days of my life?"
"Correction. One of the greatest days of our life. And anyways, I thought you didn't have a problem with him being my friend? That's what you told me isn't it?"
"Can y'all believe her?", I asked Taylor, Mike and Chyna in disbelief. They both looked at me and shrugged. I turned back to Mariah and said,"Tell your little friend to leave before I show him out myself."
"Are you serious right now?"
"Deadass."
Mariah closed her eyes and shook her head then she opened up her eyes and said,"I only wish you could see how immature you're being right now."
"Aye chill with that shit aigh-"
I stopped in mid sentence when August walked up to us with a smile on his face. He turned to me and said,"Hey, congratulations Chris!", then stretched his fist out towards me to give me daps but I stuffed my hands in my pockets. He dapped up Tyga and said hello to the females.
I could tell he knew he wasn't wanted here but that should tell him to just leave. Instead, he chose to sit here and continue to make things awkward.
August just nodded his head and said,"So, uh, wassup?"
"August, cut the shit, what are you doin here?",I asked.
"Look Chris, I know me and you had some beef in the past bu-"
"No buts, we ain't squash shit."
"But can we? I'm tired of fightin everyone all the time." He sighed and said "Look, all I know is from day one you was real with me and you treated me like fam out here. You my bro Chris. I don't even remember what started all this shit but I just want us to be cool again. So what do ya say?"
I looked at him and saw nothing but truth in his face. To be honest, I'm tired of fighting too, but you gotta be willing to do what ever it takes to keep your family together at all costs. I do miss having his crazy ass around to turn up at the club with.
A soft smile crept up on my face and I put out my hand towards him and he grabbed it and brought me in for a big hug. Taylor, Mariah, Chyna, and Mike all cheered. It was ALMOST like old times except Trey was included. That's what his ass gets for even daring to cheat on my precious little sister. If it weren't for her sake, he' would've been kicked out a long ass time ago.
I pulled back and asked August,"So whatchu been up to?"
"Man, I'm moving to New York in about two weeks."
"New York? Why?"
"I'm signing with Def Jams tomorrow and they want me there asap."
I nodded,"What was wrong with Capitol Records?"
"They ain't shit. They want me to do all this weird shit and I ain't feelin it. It ain't me. I wanna sing about the real shit on the streets and they was tellin me it's either do what they want or find a new record label, so I left."
I nodded,"Damn!"
"Aye but you was smart for leavin though." Mike said "Def Jams has Trinidad, YG, Fab, even Yeezy."
"Yeah, but it ain't even about all the people, I just wanna do something real. Ion believe in all that shit back at Capitol."
"If you ever need anything, you know, me and Mike here for you.",I added.
"Yeah.",Mike said.
"Thanks.",August replied.

Taylor's POV
*A Week Later*
"No! It tickles!", Camille giggled.
"You tried to run away from daddy?" Trey asked then attacked Camille with kisses on her face. "Huh? You tried to run away?"
"Yeah, I'm sorry daddy!", she laughed harder.
"You two better hush up. I'm tryna watch Basketball Wives.",I snapped.
Trey and Camille whispered to each other then looked at me and giggled. I looked over at them and said,"Nu-uh. What are you two whispering about over there?"
"Nothing.",they said in unison.
"Better not be.",I eyed them suspiciously before turning my attention back to the tv.
The two of them stood up from the couch and ran over to me and attacked me with tickles and kisses. I laughed so hard my sides hurt and my face turned a bright red.
"Hey! Quit it you two!",I choked out.
They stopped after a long moment of me pleading. I looked at them and said,"You two play too much. Messin up my hair and makin me miss my show."
"I'm sorry mommy.",Camille hugged me.
I looked at Trey and he smiled and shrugged. I shook my head and laughed and soon he and Camille joined in on my laughter. It felt good to laugh as a family again, I must admit. I stood up from the couch and said,"I guess I should go start on dinner."
"How about we go out somewhere?",Trey suggested.
"Can we go to Johnny Rockets?",Camille asked excitedly.
"If that's where you wanna go, of course we can!", he answered.
"Yay!"
"Alright, well then I'm gonna go upstairs and change.",I said.
"Why? You look perfect" Trey stated "As usual."
I looked at him like I was searching for truth in what he was saying. Then I grabbed my phone, purse, and slipped on some sandals. Trey helped Camille put on her shoes then held her hand and said,"Alright, lets go."
"You're not gonna use your crutches?",I questioned.
"Nope, don't need em."
"Well alright then."
Dinner out with these two was much needed. We all laughed the entire time and I don't even remember the last time I've seen Camille smile so hard. I know this whole thing has been tough on her so it really makes me happy to see her happy.
I don't know how to act towards Trey though. It's like he's trying so hard to get us back to where we used that he doesn't realize that what we once had is gone because of him. I don't blame him though, at least he's making an effort but that only makes my decision so much harder.
When we got home from Johnny Rockets, Camille was knocked out. All that laughing must have tired her out because she fell asleep on the drive home which was completely silent. Trey got her out of the car and carried her up to her room and I went to my room to start getting ready for bed.
I stripped out of all my clothes and just as I took off my bra and tossed it in my hamper, Trey walked in the room. I scrambled to get my red and black robe on and cover my bare chest. I tied the ropes around my waist and grilled Trey.
He giggled and gave me a soft smile and shrug,"It ain't like I ain't seen it all before."
I rolled my eyes and snapped,"What are you doing in here anyways? Your room is down the hall, not in here."
He grinned and lifted my chin with his finger and said,"I came to say goodnight."
"Fine, goodnight. Now bye.", I moved my chin away from his grip and took off my watch from my wrist and set it on the sink counter.
He placed a hand on my lower back and pulled me closer to him. He brought his lips close to my ear and whispered,"Can I have a kiss goodnight?"
"Tre-"
He pressed is lips against mine but I didn't kiss back. Instead I pulled back and picked up the black folder that was laying on the counter and shoved it in his chest.
He held onto the folder and asked,"What is this?"
I sighed and just looked back at him with a distant glance.
"Taylor, what is this?",he repeated.
"Our divorce papers.",I finally answered.
"Divorce?"
I nodded.
"Y-you want a divorce?"
"Don't act so surprised."
"I thought we were tryna work things out."
"I never said that Trey."
"Yeah well you also never mentioned a divorce."
"I've just been doing what I have to do for Camille's sake."
"And you think this is it? You really believe you filing for a divorce will make Camille happy?"
"Stop. I know you are not tryna make ME look like the bad guy! This is all your fault Trey." I pulled my hair up in a bun and said "Anyways I've already made my decision just sign those and give em back to me when you're done. I'm going to bed."