Chapter 31

This time, Tong Yan tested first in the grade. Sunday evening, when he went to school to review the test papers, he had already accepted his classmates’ congratulations, and when they met again on Monday morning, everyone still greeted him with a smile.

  Last time, he won second place, losing to a student in the neighboring class by one point. It’d felt like the students in his class were more disappointed than Tong Yan, one after another expressing their regrets to him. This time, he was in the lead by 15 points, and everyone was collectively excited, feeling that this “win” was their own.

  Chai ManMan also did well on the test. Eighteenth in the class and twenty-fifth in the grade. When they analyzed the results in class, the homeroom teacher specifically praised the two desk-mates.

  After class, Chai ManMan wanted to invite Tong Yan to the school cafeteria for dinner, but Tong Yan was a day student, and Zhuo Xiang Ming would definitely pick him up on time. So, on the way home from school, Tong Yan carried five boxes of banana milk in his schoolbag.

  ”Why is this so heavy?” Helping Tong Yan carry his schoolbag had already become Zhuo Xiang Ming’s habit.

  While he leaned over to fasten Tong Yan’s seat belt, Tong Yan conveniently hugged his neck: “Thank you gifts from my classmate.”

  ”Huh?” Zhuo Xiang Ming rested his hand on Tong Yan’s waist, letting him hug him, not pulling back for the time being. He asked, “Which classmate, thanks for what?”

  Tong Yan tilted his head: “Chai ManMan, and of course, it’s appreciation for me being selfless and helpful, the roses in her hand, the flavor in mine.”

  ”You should’ve used such eloquence when writing your essay.” Zhuo Xiang Ming bumped foreheads with him.

  The “flavor in mine” classmate Tong Yan, didn’t technically score lower in other subjects, but he always couldn’t complete the Chinese language tests. Looking into the details, the reason was very easy to find out, for the most part, the reason was that he struggled to write 800 cursive characters in his essays.

  Tong Yan released Zhuo Xiang Ming, pushing his shoulder away with one hand, and rubbing his face with the other, refusing to continue this topic: “Let’s go home.”

  They were plagued by the usual traffic jams, and endless red lights, one after the other. Tong Yan eventually grew bored and leaned on the center console, watching Zhuo Xiang Ming.

  He usually wore black shirts, but today, he wore a white shirt. It still looked good, but it felt very different.

  The weather was slowly getting colder, and the sun set more and more earlier. Currently, the city street lights were already on, the bright lights and the faint sunset on the horizon constituted the unique dusk of late autumn Jiangdu. When not looking at Tong Yan, Zhuo Xiang Ming had no expression on his face as usual. From the side, Tong Yan could see a profound silhouette, with a cold handsomeness.

  He was focusing on the road ahead, the hair that Tong Yan had helped style before leaving home that morning was still intact. Tong Yan was confident that he hadn’t rested during the day.

  Zhuo Xiang Ming wasn’t aware that he was being stared at by a love-struck Tong Yan. When the red light was about to end, he raised his hand, straightening his tie. His knuckles were clear, and his cuffs were open, exposing half of his wrist watch and his wrist bones, covered by a thin layer of skin, inexplicably sexy. Then he coughed lightly, his Adam’s apple rolling up and down, and Tong Yan changed his lying position, facing the car window, not looking at him anymore.