Chapter 6: Braxton's missing

I wake up, looking at the clock which reads 11:00am, I groan annoyed and sit up rubbing my eyes. Weird that Braxton didn't wake me up? I look over and sure enough, Braxton's side of the bed is empty. Did he never come home last night? I look at my phone and there's no missed calls or texts. Weird?

I go to Braxton's contact and click the call button but it goes straight to voicemail, so I send a text.

Hey, I'm worried please call me when you can xoxo

I put my phone down and decide to go ask Tanner if he has heard anything. I walk out of my room and into the kitchen to look for Tanner and as I enter I'm met with the chiseled back of a god.

Wait.

All of a sudden the memories from last night come flooding back and I nearly smack myself for forgetting. Okay I can do this, he's just a person, a very god like person.

" Morning Zander. "

Zander turns towards me, quickly giving me a once over and then smiling.

" Morning Iris. "

" Where's my brother? "

I ask curiously.

" Think he's still a sleep, why what's up? "

He ask, sitting a cross from me at the table.

" Well Braxton didn't come home last night and he's not answering the phone, which has never happened before. I'm just worried. "

" I see, how long have you two been together? "

He ask, suddenly sounding monotone.

" Over a year, it's not like him to just disappear. "

" That is strange then..."

He says, trailing off. About the time I'm going to say something to fill the silence, I hear the door open and in walks Braxton, looking like death it's self.

" Hey, sorry I kind of crashed at the party and my phone was dead. "

Braxton says, laughing awkwardly and kisses me on the head.

" It's okay, I was just worried. "

I assure, giving him a small smile. I know most girl friends wouldn't be so quick to let it slide but I trust Braxton, I know he would never do anything to hurt me.

" You smell like shit. "

Zander says, making Braxton notice him.

" Uh, and you are? "

Braxton ask.

" Zander. "

" Ohhh your Tanner's friend, nice to meet you. I'm Braxton. "

He says, putting his hand out to shake. Zander looks at his hand, then back to him.

" I know. "

He says, then gets up and walks over to the fridge completely ignoring Braxton. Braxton looks at me confused and I shrug at him, just as lost as he is. What's Zander's issue with him?

" I'm going to go get a shower, I'll be in the bedroom after. "

He tells me, and I nod as he walks away.

" What was that about? "

I ask confused.

" What? "

Zander ask, clearly trying to act like he doesn't know what I'm referring to.

" You acted like a complete jerk to Braxton. "

" Okay and? "

He ask, taking a bite out of a apple and leaning against the counter.

" and why did you do it? "

" I don't know, I just don't like the dude. Seems like an ass. "

He says shrugging and I laugh.

" That's totally logical. "

I go to get a bottle of water and as I turn around I'm trapped in between Zander's arms.

" Never claimed to be logical, Princess. "

My heart skips a beat and my face heats up at how close we are.

" I-I u-uh"

He smirks, looking me up and down and slowly removing himself from me.

" It's cute when you get all flustered. "

Before he can say anything else, I rush off to my room and close the door.

I need to stop, I'm with Braxton and I'm happy with Braxton. He needs to stop making me feel weird and flustered. I hear the bathroom door open and look to see Braxton in his boxers.

" I'm exhausted so figured we would just chill in the room and watch movies toda- "

Before he can finish his sentence I run up to him and crash my lips into his. It only takes him a second to respond, he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses back softly but then pulls away.

" What's going on? "

He ask cautiously.

" Nothing, I just needed that. "

I say, giving him a small smile. He returns it with an even brighter smile.

" Well in that case, maybe just a few more to make sure you got your fill? "

He suggest, nudging me towards the bed. I laugh and roll my eyes at his goofiness but don't retaliate.