Permanent Braces

"Any questions needed to be answered?” Rosanna asked, as she stretched off her creamy rubber gloves.

 “Um… Rosanna, how long do I have to wear this stupid metal stuff on my teeth for?” Asked Sarah, as she was smiling with her yellow crooked teeth.

Sarah's mother chuckled quietly, as Rosanna took a deep breath. She shared her daughter’s monstrous teeth.

 “Well, maybe about four years," the orthodontist stood up and handed Sarah three toothbrushes, two small packs of dental floss, three clear cases of wax and more toothbrushes. "You may feel a bit of pain after a while, so use these."

 Sarah snatched the things away from Rosanna. "Ew, those waxes inside my teeth? No way!"

Rosanna took another deep sigh. “I'm sure you will need these."

Sarah's mother stood up and straightened her t-shirt with a splotch of tomato sauce and baby vomit out. "What's up with the mighty toothbrushes? We can just get them from the supermarket."

The orthodontist thought that the mother sounded like a child. "These are special toothbrushes, as they have special 'V' bristles to clean the braces properly."

 Sarah's mother nodded. "Oh and one last thing, I'm sorry about my child's behaviour."

Rosanna thought: "This is creepy. She's smiling at me and saying that at the same time."

 Now, Rosanna knew why Sarah's mother (and Sarah) was smiling.

When the patients were gone, Rosanna angrily swiped the hot, sharp tacks off her chair. "This same darn thing just happens to me all the time! I'd just go home now."

I'm leaving early," said Rosanna, to the receptionist who was sorting out files.

The irritated orthodontist walked hastily to her home. She walked through the deep dark forest, with leathery bats fluttering about, furry owls hooting, even though it was day…

Rosanna slapped a black, hefty leaf out of her way. The whole forest atmosphere was reeking of dead animals and moss. There was a sudden squeak caused by Rosanna's step.

She looked down, beneath her feet and identified that was a dead cat, sprawled on the leafy ground. Its arms and legs were all over the place like some vehicle hit it. The cat’s fur looked black and silky. Like a witch’s cat.

Rosanna bravely picked the poor rotten thing up and slid it crazily into her sparkly Gucci Handbag.

Just then, Rosanna saw a person, appearing as a shadow.

"Lilith, is that you?" the voice questioned. It sounded like a female’s voice: but it belonged to a little girl.

Rosanna had to act proactively before the shadow from the witchy shelter noticed her angelic blonde hair and not-so-witchy-features. Without more ado, she stretched on her black, greasy wig, powdered with realistic dandruff on her head, plus a special tailored witchy nose from her bag. She quickly added a few other ancient touches to her skin, as she was looking at her reflection in the murky pond with dead frogs floating in it.

The shadow reappeared as a little girl wearing a tattered grey cloth and bare blistered feet. "Lilith. Why are you so early?"

"None of your business, Gertrude," Lilith muttered, with a croaky voice. She stepped past the last wiry tree and pretended to struggle pushing the rock.

The young girl helped old Lilith without a delay. She pushed and heaved at the rock, which weighed like a ton, for her twig-like arms.

"Hurry up, before it starts to rain, you useless brat!" Lilith growled.