I Can't Do This...

Taeyeon stopped in front of her room and took a deep breath. Her finger hovered in front of the door, getting ready to knock. But just then, she faintly heard Sunny’s voice.

I really don’t want to be healthy this soon…

Taeyeon frowned. Did she hear it right? Sunny didn’t want to be healthy? Her curiosity kicked in, and she leaned an ear to the door, making sure that she didn’t make any suspicious sound.

I will have a run through for my musical this evening… I don’t think I’m ready for it yet… The other female leads are so much better than I am, I don’t know if I’m on par with them…

Taeyeon blinked in confusion. She could still remember when Sunny told her excitingly that she got the female lead in her next musical, Singing in the Rain. She was proud of her girlfriend’s achievement, and said that she would nail it like she did with Catch Me if You Can.

Taengoo said that I will do fine, but I can’t help but think that I’m inadequate. It’s such a classic and famous musical, and I don’t want to embarrass anyone, or myself, if I don’t meet their expectation. What would they say about me, SM, or SNSD?

With the growing number of musicals and famous idols playing in them, there had been comments about the artists’ inadequacies, and that they just got the parts to raise the number of spectators. Taeyeon knew about it, but it never crossed her mind that Sunny would be affected by those hateful comments, especially since she knew that her girlfriend had a potential to be a great musical artist. She proved it in her previous musical.

For once, I’m glad that I fell sick… I’m not ready for it yet, Prince…

Taeyeon exhaled, and finally understood why Sunny was so difficult the day before, insisting that she would just sleep all day long to recover without any help from the medicines. She should know better, because it was first time Sunny acted strangely.

And amidst all of this, that stupid Taengoo just had to piss me off last night. Was it that hard to not have sex whenever we have the chance?

Prince barked at Sunny’s rant, as if the pooch was acknowledging Taeyeon’s stupidity. Taeyeon snapped and knocked the door to avoid hearing another embarrassing statement.

There was silence, until suddenly the lock clicked and the door opened slightly, enough for Sunny to see that Taeyeon was the one standing. “What now? You want to ravish me again?” the younger girl said with a piercing gaze and a monotone voice.

Taeyeon avoided the stinging question and said, “Can I come in?”

Sunny kept her piercing gaze at Taeyeon for a few seconds before reluctantly opened the door for the older girl to come in to their old room. Taeyeon kept her distance, keeping a space between the two of them. She then saw Sunny cuddled inside her cover, instead of taking her own bed. “Did you sleep here last night?”

“Why? Am I not allowed to?” Sunny spat.

Taeyeon bit her lower lip to hold her chuckle, because she knew Sunny would just slap her if she were to laugh out loud in that kind of situation. But in her defense, Sunny was just too cute when she’s being selfish, and it annoyed her more that Taeyeon was not affected by it, not even a tiny bit. “I slept at your bed too last night, but I hope you have a better night than I did. Did you sleep well?” Taeyeon calmly said.

Sunny just hugged her girlfriend’s pillow tight and shook her head slowly. She saw Taeyeon’s tired eyes and figured out that her girlfriend didn’t sleep well also. Well serves her right!, Sunny thought as she buried her face in the Taeyeon-scented pillow.