Chapter 1

Marinette POV

Target: Diana Teversall
Location: Hotel Lephoria
Status: ELIMINATED

1. I pressed the pressure points located on both sides of her neck in order for her to collapse unconscious.

2. I poured water near her feet from the glass on the counter to have people believe she slipped in the water, and fell unconscious when she hit the floor.

3. Then I smashed the glass cup near her, and took a shard to cut her radial artery located in her wrist. This would give the image that the glass cup fell from the counter, she slipped in its water, and landed in the broken shards which unfortunately cut an artery that killed her in 2 minutes.

4. When an artery is cut, a person will result in unconsciousness from the loss of blood after the first 30 seconds. If Teversall woke up in the first 30 seconds, she couldn't contact 911 because the phone line is down for maintenance hour. Though, this should not be a problem because the pressure points I activated have people remain unconscious for 2 hours.

5. If any worried residents of Hotel Lephoria heard the crash of the glass, the minimum time to get Teversall's room key from the front desk by descending the stairs from the 16th floor to the main floor and back up again would be around 5 minutes (if the person is an olympic sprinter) -so she would have died 3 minutes before. But, only if the hotel's privacy policy allows this (which they don't).

6. All the while, wearing gloves to prevent leaving fingerprints.

I'm going over the steps in my most recent assassination for the 28th time while briskly walking through the back alleys of Paris. Dark shadows always cover these narrow, brick passageways even on sunny mornings as today.

There's a series of rights and lefts winding through the alleys leading to the entrance of the Institute for Assassins (IFA). Every assassin knows the route like the back of their hand, by the time they learn how to walk.

Around 30 seconds after entering the alleys, and taking many turns, I tap a brick with my knuckle on one of the left side buildings that contribute to this tall fortress making up the alleys. Another right, and a few lefts, and another tap from my other hand on a building to my right. More speed walking through this maze, and soon I'm deep enough that even the faint buzz of the city dies down.

I reach the entrance of the IFA which is disguised as a dead end of an alley, and pull the skintight glove off my right hand. I swipe my thumb just below my lip, and run it along a brick that's around eye level. It requires a small amount of saliva for recognition, rather than just taps on the bricks as before. This is the last step of the three in the IFA's entrance password.

In under 3 seconds after the password is completed, the old bricks will part to form a doorway leading into the institution. If an assassin has to wait more than 3 seconds for the bricks to part, this means the entrance's sensors are picking up close heat waves off another human. This has only happened to me twice before. (one was a drug dealer in hopes of finding a buyer, and another was a drunk a bit too far in the alleys (and in the clouds)).

Along with weapons, each assassin is equipped with small portable spray paint cans that are pocket size. These must travel with the assassin every time they are outside of the IFA. This is incase they need to spray graffiti on the brick walls as a cover up if someone sees them in the alleys.