Chapter Eight

I woke up the next day, only to just lay there for awhile. This trip didn't sit well in my stomach, he texted me but I never texted back because this relationship is well overdue and from him hitting me the other day, I'm done with everything. One things for sure, my stomach wasn't agreeing with me because it kept growling so I had no choice but to get up and start right.

I went downstairs and got ready to cook some breakfast and I heard something fall upstairs and it startled me. I walked back upstairs and looked around when I got to my room, there was a picture faced down laying by the dresser. I picked up the picture only to see that, it was a picture of me and Eric with a shattered frame. It looked like it was punched the way it was looking. I layed the picture faced up and went back downstairs.

I made my bacon and eggs with my orange juice, then sat down. Something was telling me to continue to read Michael's journal some more. I wanted to go and get it but I didn't want any interaction from anyone. I ate and it was peaceful, I then went back upstairs and made my way to the shower. I ran my shower hot and went to my closet to pull some clothes out. Hmm.. Blue jeans, a white top and my white air force ones.

After my shower, I got dressed and then got my overnight bag and packed a few things. I then grabbed my Michael Kors bag because i wanted to bring the journal, the key and my fathers file with me. I thought that maybe if Eric ain't around, I could read some more.

I packed up and then went back downstairs, I went to my closet and grabbed the heavy book that my father had. Its wasn't just heavy it had weird drawings and pictures in it. One picture fell out and I picked it up:

 One picture fell out and I picked it up:

There was no smile but a small smirk. But deep in his eyes, I could tell that he was in pain. It was a mysterious saddness like he was missing something. And I felt for him, he didn't mean any harm by doing what he did, I think of it as a survival. Like how animals have to feed off of what they can to live but don't get me wrong... this man is not an animal and he just couldn't help his thirst..

I stared at the picture for so long that I didn't hear the phone ringing. Its Eric!

"Hey babe. Look I want to apologize for the other night. I just wanted you to come and I still do." He said.

"Hey and yeah you really hurt me and I am still hurt. Where are we going anyway?" I said.

"It's a surprise my love!" He said.

"What's with all the surprises?" I said.

"Babe just trust me." He said.

"Look whatever it is.. this better be good because the last thing I need is for this whole thing to be just because you want to hang out with your boys all the time." I said.

"Babe, I got you." He said.

I hung up. I didn't want to hear anything else because when this man lie, he says "Babe, I got you" and then there's all the bullshit that comes behind it. And it's getting older by the minute.