In which I meet a weirdo with a bucket on their head

I'm not sure how to say this, but sometimes I just want to go back and smack my younger self. And sometimes I do dumb shit that turns out to be good.

And sometimes said dumb shit that I've done was maybe, like taking a walk outside to see what the hell was going on because I thought the end of new York was a houx kind of thing.

I mean who can blame me, men in metal suits fucking flying!?! The fuck? And a bunch of people from a different dimension? And even more people with "Superpowers", Come on their even all wearing tight clothing.

In my mind I'm thinking they couldn't find anything to put on so they were like you cosplayers come here. We need you to make a video with us.

That's probably what you thought, you may not have actually been stupid enough to leave the buildings but definitely thought it.  You know you did.

Anywho, to me it made sense so I threw on my sweats put in my ear buds grabbed my pepper spray and was off. I thought I was going out to take some pictures of a very intact city.

Yah um nope

There was people running, fire, lots of alarms blaring, and plenty of fire. Keep in mind that I have my ear buds in so all that I'm hearing is filtered through my music.

"KNEEL" I look in the direction of the loud and commanding voice and see one of the cosplayers from the news.

Tall, wearing all green robes, holding a staff, oh and did I mention the person had a upside down golden bucket with horns on their head. Yeah, they looked like an idiot.

It was at that moment that I realized that while I had been appraising the stranger's outfit everyone else had already knelt, or was in the process of such.

At this point I knew I had fucked up.