Prologue

"Are you sure there's nothing you can do?" Inko asked desperately. Her son was still in the room, sitting on the bed. She'd asked to talk to the doctor outside, not wanting to worry Izuku more. The doctor shook his head.

"I'm truly sorry ma'am. His condition is critical, there's no way we can help him. The best we can do is to monitor his state 24/7 and make sure he doesn't get worse." Inko hung her head dejectedly. This had to be one of the worst days of her life. What's worse was that she knew something even more terrible was going to come. And according to the doctor, it was supposed to come soon...

"We've tried everything, ma'am." He said as he opened the door, ending the conversation. Inko walked back to her son, taking his hands. Izuku looked up at her, his green eyes rimmed from the sleepless nights he'd spent throwing up everything into the toilet before Inko finally called the doctor. She wished it was only a stomach bug...

"Mommy?" Izuku asked, noticing the distress on her face. Inko rubbed at the tears forming, pulling Izuku close to her. She wasn't letting go of him that easy.

She wasn't going to let this damned disease take her only son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey. So I wanted to get a few things off my chest. I got the idea for this AU after reading a comic with a sick Izuku. It's different, (obviously) I have a huge plot for this stupid disease I made just to *spoilers*

Thanks for reading! *Chibi Inko and Young Izuku bowing*