𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓂𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒶𝑔𝑒𝓈

"hi again

"hi again. you're obviously asleep again, but i'm gonna start leaving you messages every night i can, ok? well katsuki, today i kissed you for the first time and you kissed me back you asshole. now i'm forced to talk to you everyday!" y/n let out a fake groan through the phone.

bakugou could hear their soft laugh as his teary eyes looked up to the sky.

the sky was clear and the moonlight shone, just like the night of their first kiss.

he let the past messages continue, he needed to hear their voice agian, even though it would pain him.

"it's me again, duh. anyways you're like my diary now since i can't sleep. but today i kissed you in front of all might and i've never laughed harder. seriously, it was even better than iida's face when he yelled at us for PDA at school."

bakugou let out a watery laugh at the memory of everyone freaking out of them kissing at school.

he reluctantly let the last few messages play.

"h-hi kat. i'm kinda freezing right now. i probably just have a cold or something, but i miss you. we haven't talked a lot latley and it sucks. i'm sorry i missed a few voicemails, i've been...." there was a long pause and a quiet cough.

"i've been kinda busy."

the next message played.

"shit i suck at sending these. i literally said i'd do it everynight, but here i am a month later. i guess i just kinda forgot since i'm with you a lot now you know. it's been so nice. it sucks i can't go on missions a lot now though, i told you i always wanna be near you."

"today you told me you love me." y/n giggled through the phone at the thought of what he told them.

"and i said it back! can you believe i'm in love with a complete idiot like you. this is honestly the most alive i've felt in like a month, i need to work on my quirk a bit too, it's been weird."

"i'm excited to go to the amusement park tomorrow, i wanna see you scream like a baby on the rides."

the messages began to get shorter.

"i'm sorry i passed out for a bit at the park, i was so excited i forgot to eat heh."

"i love you kat, even when you're super angry and scary to others, you look like a pomeranien to me"

"i won't be at school for a bit, so i'll be bored in my house. the teachers made me go home incase i have some sort of infectious disease. i'll be fine though so don't worry"

"hey, this is random but i know you're gonna be an amazing hero, so don't give up ok?" y/n's voice was shaky and there were sniffles through the device.

the last message was the scariest, y/n sounded ill and sad.

bakugou forced himself to hit play on the final message from the one he loved.

"hi kat!"

they began coughing, trying to hide it, but it was obvious.

"i say this a lot but, i love you. seriously. like, if someone told the old me i was gonna fall in love with a total dumbass like you i wouldn't believe it. we can kick villan ass together. i'll even let you surpass me as the number one hero, that's how much i love you..."

the line went silent for a few moments.

"i know you're gonna be hesitent on opening this, because i don't know how you're gonna react when you wake up."

"i love you katsuki bakugou, be the best you can be. i promise we'll kick ass in another life. goodnight, sparky."

the final message ended, leaving a sobbing bakugou.

"i'm gonna be number one for you." he whispered.