chapter 2

The room was everything they could have wanted. There was a king size bed in the middle of the room under a four-poster canopy. Meanwhile a smaller bed was set up for Arum. The young girl was delighted that the mattress was springy and busied herself jumping on the bed. It didn't take long before Namjoon stopped her out of fear that she might hurt herself. After, she just laid with her father. They're curled up close to him, she felt the baby move with a hand resting on the stomach. To her surprise her father's stomach began to growl along with her own, it must have been close to dinner time.

"Hey what do you want for dinner?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't know. I'm not up for much. Maybe some soup would settle on my stomach. After all, it is kind of cold." Jin said

"Can it be chicken noodle?" Areum said smiling warmly.

"Let me guess, with the soda on the side?" Namjoon added.

"Please appa?" She said hugging her father's leg.

"Of course " namjoon Said patting her head with a smile.

"Yay!" Areum said with glee.

Almost as soon as he agreed there was a knock at the door. Who else but Hoseok walked through the door. He immediately went to Aerum and patted her on the head. The little girl smiled as she hugged her uncle tightly. It was obvious they'd been spending a lot of time together.

"Hey there Aerum, are you guys settling in okay?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah we were just about to order chicken noodle soup." Aerum said.

"With the soda on the side? I definitely love how you're taking after me." Hoseok replied witha smile.

"Yeah she's a huge fan of her Uncle Hobi." Jin said. Hoseok had really come to check on Jin. he couldn't help feeling a bit angry with the management for making him go out on tour in a condition like this. But, at least this way they could have a bit of a vacation. Still, it bothered him deeply that The sickness had whittled him down this way. He simply wanted them to take a break so that he could tend to his illness and what dreadful fate might come of it.

"How are you holding up hyung?" Hoseok asked.

"other than a little bit of stress and strain from the trip I think I'll be okay for now. Thanks for checking up on me." Jin said. With that Hoseok Left only to quickly be replaced by room service. They had their dinner to Aerum's delight and soon it was time for bed. With that, Namjoon came to tuck her in. She seemed so much sad as her father sat down and her bedside.

"Appa can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Of course dear, ask away." Namjoon said

"Is eomma going to die?" She asked. Namjoon froze in his tracks. He didn't know how to answer that question. He was afraid of that enough for himself. He didn't want her to have to worry about it too. He took a deep breath and forced a smile at that moment.

"Who would have told you something like that? Of course he won't." He questioned

"But everybody's worried and I even heard a couple say it might happen." Aerum said.

"No nothing's going to happen dear. Trust me, momma is a fighter he'll be fine." He said lifting her and do a tight hug.

"Okay, I love you appa." She said wiping tears from her face.

"I love you too dear." He finished.

Later that night

Her sleep that night was turbulent. She tossed and turned as a dream overtook her. It was one that she had several times before, but much more lately. Her little mind had been running wild with thoughts of what could possibly happen to her mother. But what this dream entailed was by far the worst possibility.