Stares shine brighter with darkness

I lay in this cage, these restraints on me still. I can hear them whisper about me, they're voices carrying to my ears even though they're in the room next to me. They're talking about what to do with me.

"Maybe we should kill it!" exclaims one of the males that I didn't accidentally kill. I feel so horrible. I never wanted to hurt anyone. I deserve this.

"No. We'll give her to the high consul," says who I think is a the Alpha.

"Alpha, " says a female voice, confirming him to be the Alpha. "Maybe we should just dispose of her. She's a freak!"

I close my eyes in sadness. They all think that. They all hate me. I'm half angel half demon. Am I really a freak? I just want to be normal. I want my parents! But I think they're dead.

A tear rolls down my cheek. The door opens a second later and I look down to hide my face so they can't see my weakness.

"Alpha Charín should be here today. We'll see what he says to do with her then," Announces the Alpha. I close my eyes. I hate myself. It's my fault all of this is happening. If I were normal, then maybe....

I hear the door open and I'm snapped out of my thoughts. They're leaving.

I've been here for two days and I'm starving. It's not like they should offer me food. I killed two of them after all. I don't deserve food. Or anything. I lean back on the cage bars in this cold room and I close my multi-colored eyes. My left one is light green and my right one is dark blue.

I grab my long, grey braid in my hand and play with it. Sleep soon finds me.

I'm woken up to talking outside the door. They're talking about me. I move so that I'm laying on my side, facing away from the door.

The door opens and a new scent stands out amongst all the others. It's a sweet scent, like honey and woods, so of course it stands out.

I hear footsteps but they abruptly stop. I fold my wings closer to my body. If it weren't for that poison he gave me. I wouldn't have had my wings yet. And he couldn't have damaged them beyond repair.

I don't want them seeing my mangled body anyways. It's embarrassing for others to see how awful I look.

"How long has she been here," asks a calming voice. He sounds so calm that it makes me calmer.

"Two days," says the Alpha.

"Should we kill her Alpha Charín?" asks a female. The one who not too long ago, wanted to kill me because I'm a freak.

"No," he says, his voice holding a bit of harshness to it. That calm feeling in my shatters. So he's the one I'm being given to.

I hear someone fiddling with the lock on the cage.

"Be careful. She killed two of ours," says the other Alpha. It's quiet for a moment.

"I know what I'm doing," Alpha Charín says calmly.

It's not too long later I hear the cage door swing open.

"Please come out," he says kindly. That sounded kind. I must be mistaken.

I don't move for a minute but eventually, I get up and crawl out of the cage, standing up and wrapping my wings around my naked body. I hate others seeing me like this. Even though I should be used to it by now.

He takes a step towards me, startling me. I lower my head more than it already was and take a step back.

"I'm not going to hurt you," says his calming voice. Some of that calmness spreads to me. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I let him approach me. I feel his hand on the injured part of my left wing and I flinch. Touch. Never a good thing.