The Christmas Dinner

.
.
.
.
.

["Jingle Bells" playing]

🎶 jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way🎶

🎶Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse...🎶

Fucking holidays...

I murmur in frustration.

Today is Christmas Day. The streets are glowing with bright coloured lights, competing against the twinkling stars. Snow covering the ground like a thick blanket and people singing sweet Christmas songs. Oh, what a feeling.

Uh! Shut up...

I groan once again before inhaling the last fume of the cigarette. The smoke fills my mouth and all the way to my lungs, which causes me to smell like dead leaves. I take a piece of strawberry gum and start chewing on it before entering a nicely decorated house.

Hmmm. I sigh.

Fast as a cheetah. I turn the doorknob and burst into a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

"Merry Christmas!" I scream with a fake smile. Mum jumps a bit with fear. She thought the cops are coming to arrest her for hanging wash undies on our neighbour's fences house. Haha, she is hilarious and always do something unexpectedly weird. And so she does it again this time.

"Park Jimin ah! This is what you wear to a Christmas dinner?" Mum says agape. She is dressed in an extremely sexy, and tight Mrs Claus costume. I swear she looks more like my older sister than a guardian. And me, what am I wearing? The usual black skinny jeans, and a fluffy red coloured jumper with Santa Clause laughing "hoe, hoe, hoe". I mean, it's still Christmas related, right?

"Don't you even own a suit?" She questions me. Obviously Mum doesn't seem to approve it at all. She keeps scanning me from head to toe like I'm that one person who wears bikinis to a birthday party. Like who does that?