All I Want For Christmas (Kaikki Mitä Haluan Jouluksi)

Lumimaa, Finland

Prince Mikko

As sunset approaches the end of another day in the grand northern kingdom, Lumimaa, I stand at the top edge of the grand glass staircase to my new amazing ice-themed palace that leads down to the vast white field. Just beyond the field sits the snow-covered bare-branched trees that mark the outer border of Princess Kaija's and my land. It stretches, forming a natural line that runs around the front and sides of the property. I can see the fresh clump of snow falling from a few branches to add to the shiny clumps on the ground.

I close my eyes, smiling and draw in a deep breath. When I exhale and open my eyes once again, I can see the faint visual of smoke. Even though the temperature in December is bone-chillingly cold, my hands are sweating inside of my black gloves. I take another deep breath up and look to the Heavens over my head.

I clear my throat and begin speaking to the sky, "Christmas time is nearly upon us, Mother. I want to get my beautiful princess, Kati something really special. But I don't know what? I've never really been a romantic type...well, I mean you know that. God, I'm rambling and nervous. I really really really like her."

Suddenly a jet of green energy shoots over my head.

I smile, knowing the light as it intensifies and purples, blues and teals are illuminated.

The aurora borealis.

The aurora light shoots down to the ground, spitting out the hologram image of my mother, Robin Aukustanen.

"Mother," I greet and skip down the stairs to her.

I stop before her and bow, respectfully like a gentleman.

"Mikko, I heard you needed help," she speaks. "You know I will always help you out!"

I chuckle and blush slightly as a bitter wind whips through me. "Kati deserves the world, saving me from Hilja and her gang and the wicked sorcerer Petkuttaja. I want to make Christmas super special for her."

Robin chuckles, eyeing me with a soft, understanding. "I completely understand. What does the Princess enjoy?"

"Alone time, visiting with friends and family, dominating me in sword fighting and training exercises, her snow leopard Lumikki..." I begin to list off to her.

Robin shakes her head. "Heart felt, dear."

"So alone time...like spending time with her alone? Maybe going on a date with her?" I question, hopefully.

"Yes! I believe your princess would love to be pampered on a date."

"But I already took her on quite a few date-themed sleigh rides..." I remark, looking down at my feet. "And we won't talk about the trip into Lumilahti to that Swedland restaurant. That was a bad idea." I chuckle at the memory.

The glowing visual of my mother chuckles and she puts two gently, soft hands on either side of my face. "So, think of something new...what is something you've yet to do with her? Or maybe a special location spot?"

She lets my face go and I tap my gloved finger on my cheek, thinking deeply. Then an 'ah-ha' moment hits me like a hammer on a nail.

"I know she's spoken about wanting to go see Ylivieska, Finland. The small gulf-side camp in our kingdom. I've heard it's beautifully stunning this time of the year anyway!" I exclaim, the smile returning to my face. And I'm suddenly full of excitement too. "A romantic date along the water!"

"Perfect!" Robin exclaims with a warm smile on her face. "Get on it then, Mikki. I'm so proud of you and how far you've come!"

With that, she blurs and re-energizes into the green jet of light. She shoots back into the aurora as her voice echoes down to him, "I love you, Mikki. Good luck, my son."