bonus .3

That night after work, I walked home in the rain. Even though I dread rain more than anything life could throw at me, I enjoyed it. This time, I wasn't disgusted by how slimy and damp it made me feel; how weird. I walked without an umbrella, allowing every inch of my hair to become drenched. My heels pitter-pattered in the puddles, but the noise was drained out by the drops splattering onto the ground like bugs on a truck's windshield.

I was distracted by how good having lunch with him felt. It felt as if I was a middle-aged woman catching up with a best friend from my early years. A weird analogy, but it was so nostalgic.

We talked for what felt like hours. We laughed. We joked. We got serious. Then we laughed more. It was almost like a rollercoaster of emotions.

And towards the end, when I closed the door to his car and waved him goodbye, there wasn't such a heavy void as there was before. My heart had finally gotten closure. But surely enough, I had already agreed to a dinner date that coming Wednesday. The lunch went so well, when he offered to take me out for dinner, in the heat of the moment, I thought it'd be a big mood ruiner.

.-.

"Of course. I'll transfer the call, give me one moment please" I pressed the large orange button on the phone to direct the call to Mr. Young's office upstairs.

"So, did he sign the contract yet?", Jisung popped his head around the corner, catching me off guard.

"Even if he did, I wouldn't give you any information"

"We're just super curious", he leaned his head on Changbin's shoulder.

"I can't believe you remember what happened three days ago"

"I know that's supposed to be an insult, but it's mildly accurate", the boys tailed behind me as I walked a stack of files to the conference room.

"pft, for you. I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast this morning" Changbin commented, earning a glare from the other.

"The point is, we just really want to know more about him. We have to see if we have any competition to worry about"

"That's very unlike you two. don't get me wrong, you're both extremely bothersome, but this is far more than usual. What are you hiding?"

"Damn it! How'd she catch us?", Changbin frowned.

"Seriously dude? I told you the plan was to not give in!", he loudly whispered. I gave him my 'you have less than 30 seconds to explain' face. "Fine! We saw you getting into the car with an extremely attractive person, who also happens to be the person you were on the phone with, who also happens to be Changbin's friend", he spewed.

"You're friends with him?", I spat out, as my legs came to a jolting halt.

"Yeah, we went to performing arts school together", he explained.

I stared blankly at the marble floor. What could this mean?

Has our rekindling been real? Was it all by chance? Did he plan it out? Do these two have something to do with it?

I brushed off my doubts for the time being. "Well, I'm sure you two have someone else to annoy. Run along", I said to them as I slipped into the conference room.

.-.

We sat across from one another at a table on a patio. The sky finally earned its perfect ombré of blues to yellows. The air was more chilly than I expected, which caused my bare legs to shiver.