Just a joke

A scream erupts through the mind palace. A scream of pure panic and need of help.

Patton sighed and sat down the knife he had out for cutting vegetables.

"Honey you need to do a deep clean in your brain. Because right now, its dis-gust-ing" REMy's voice could be heard from the living room to the kitchen.

"Make sure the pot doesn't burn hun" Patton tells Janus with a warm smile on his face as he took off his aporn and exited the kitchen.

Into the living he went where he was met with a laughing Remus, a frightentem Virgil, and REMy who looked displeased with his existence.

"And what happened here?" he asked the three sides. The room was a mess. And by mess he meant Virgil was covered in some odd green goo that was beginning to pool on the ground.

"I think I'm going to be sick" and just like that REMy ran out of the room. "Remus never show me that again," he said before escaping to the bathroom. The door slamming shut behind him and soon the sounds of wet hurling was followed.

Patton stood by the kitchen entry with his arms crossed, waiting for Remus to collect his cool and explain himself.

"So?" he asks once again, gaining Remus's attention.

"Patton, it was a joke."

"A joke!?" Virgil sheriks. His tiny body shaking still covered in suspicious goo. "This came out of you! How is this a joke?"

"Oh Virgil don't be a pussy, it was all in good faith"

The shorter side stood up spraying the goo across the room and across the white wall ruining the painting that hung from them as he flung his arms up in distress. "GOOD FAITH? Remus! This came from your mouth! You threw up on me! How fuckiing disgusting can you be? Who does that!?"

"Jesus, Virgil get your painties out of a bunch and grow a pair. Just clean yourself up for fucks sake"

Patton snapped his fingers. It wasn't that loud and honestly I'm not sure how either side even heard it but it gained their ation. All eyes on Patton as he set his jaw and bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from going off.

"Virgil please clean yourself up, Remus and i need to have a little conversation."

"But-" Virgil started but Patton had already had his mind set up as he crossed the room and grabbed the dark creativity's forearm tugging him up the stairs.

"Patton let me go I'm gonna tri-" Remus starts to say as he tries to counteract Patton's strong grip. But it didn't work, no instead it did the opposite of what he wanted and he ended up slipping on the last step of the stairs. He fell hard onto the floor, but lucky didn't tumble down the steps.

"Fuck!" he exclaimed with the loud thud of hitting the floor.

Patton bent down to his level.

"Did you break anything? He asked him. His tenderness seeped back into his voice, the tenderness that all the sides knew and loved. Not the scarry Patton that dragged him unwillingly up the stairs like he was a rag doll.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks for asking"

"Good '' Patton said and Remus watched as Patton physical demeanor changed back to what it was a couple of seconds before he fell, cold and mean.

Patton extended his hand out to help Remus back up to his feet and just as before he kept a firm grip onto Remus as they continued to make their way down the hallway.

Remus really thought that Patton was gonna take him into his room. He and roman would always joke that it was Patton grounding them whenever he thought they did something unpleasant or disrupted the peace. But instead they stopped short of his room. Patton swung open the bathroom door.