I'm Supposed To Be The One: A Zayn Malik Fanfiction

Prologue

I suppose everyone hurts sometimes. It's only normal. It's human. Hurt. Pain. The only things that remind me I'm still living. But that's the thing. I shouldn't be. I don't want to be. I want to be with him, wherever it is that he is right now. What kills me is that I knew it would all end. It was only a matter of time before he would be out of my life. He even told me it would happen! It makes me feel so idiotic because I knew! I fucking knew he would leave me! But it's not like I could blame him, or anyone at all for the matter. He had to leave. It wasn't like he had a choice. Those like him come here for a purpose, and once that purpose is fulfilled, they vanish to where they should have been all along. It's selfish of me to feel this way. He had to go back to the ones he loves. He couldn't stay with me. It isn't allowed. But maybe I shouldn't be so upset that it's over. I should be grateful and happy that it happened. The feeling of being with him, the feel of his fingertips brushing against my skin, it just felt right. When we kissed, it was as if our lips were meant for each other. I can't even explain the feeling of being with him. It was like a sudden rush whenever I saw him. He would appear when I least expected and he would make all of my problems disappear with a single kiss. Looking back, there's no doubt that he accomplished his mission. My depression stopped. Tommy was happier. Even Gabby seemed to be smiling and giggling more! We all knew he was good for me, for all of us. But what we hadn't planned for was what we'd do after his departure. He's gone. What do we do now? Go back to how it was before? Go back to hiding in my room whenever mom and dad fought? Go back to crying ourselves to sleep? No. It's just not right. No one should have to live like this. Some days, I wish he would have never come into my life. It's true that he made everyday amazing and opened my eyes to things I'd never seen, but he also made me think that my life could change. He gave me hope. But that was my mistake. My situation is hopeless! I knew from the start that the changes he brought would only be temporary, but I chose to ignore that part. I shoved it all the way to the back of my head and locked it up. I didn't want to think about the future because I was in love with the present. I was in love with him. And that's when it all went wrong. At that moment, when I knew I had fallen for him, I told myself that we could never be together. Just the thought of it sounds utterly ridiculous! A human falling in love with a ghost, completely ridiculous. But what was even more shocking is that the feeling was mutual. Our whole situation was flat out strange. But now, it's over. But nevertheless, I still dream that he'll come back to me. He'll come back, I know it. But until then, he'll only visit me in my dreams.

********************

A/N: Woohoo! New fanfic! :D I'm really excited for this one, guys! I just hope people read it haha :D Anyway, it's a Zayn fanfic and it's gonna be pretty cool :) So, please bear with me :) Chapter 1 should be up soon :)

-Michelle xx.