16

"Hello! How are you today? How many people?" The waiter greeted Jackson. Jackson nodded slightly.

"Good, just one."

"Okay let get you a menu and—"

"Hey could I get that table. The one right by the window, behind the middle table." He pointed. The waitress nodded. "It has to get clean. I'll have someone clean it for you." Jackson nodded, pulling out his phone and sending Wendy a quick text.

-I'm here, I'm about to sit down.

Seen.

Wendy
-good. Hurry and sit down we're about to walk in.

-okay👍

Jackson smiled putting his phone away, the waitress coming to him guiding him to the table as he waited.

///•\\\

"What are you doing on my phone?"

Irene questions looking over Wendy's shoulder. Wendy slides her phone into her purse.

"I was just texting Mark, updating where I was." Wendy states a nervous laugh right after. Irene shook her head, lacing her arm with Seulgi who laughed at Joy teasing Wendy.

They walked into the Café where they were greeted by a waitress.

"Hello ladies! How are you guys today, how many people?"

"Good and four people." The waitress nodded, pulling out menus. Irene looked over at Wendy seeing her looking at the dining hall spotting a table.

"Excuse me, can we sit in the middle, like where the other waitress is cleaning?" The waitress nodded.

"Yes of course, right this way." The waitress guided them as they began to arrange their seats. Irene and Wendy sitting next to each other while Joy and Seulgi sat next to each other.

"Hey, I'm going to wash my hands. I'll be right back." Wendy says quickly getting up walking to the bathroom. Irene raised her eyebrow confused while the others just laughed it off.

"Don't you think it's a bit weird?"

Seulgi shook her head. "Ahh no. Wendy is somewhat a clean freak."

"Hmm, you say that but she still has boxes with her clothes in it and we have been staying in our dorms for almost five months." Irene states a laugh following behind, Joy laughing pushing Seulgi.

"Nice try Unnie." Joy says laughing Seulgi rolling her eyes.

///•\\\

"Okay ladies your meal will be here shortly."

Jackson leaned back in his chair staring at Irene from afar. He was so happy. This was his first time seeing and hearing her voice in almost five months and it did feel good to him. Her smile was small and he could tell she was going through something that he was going through. She barely laughed or made teasing jokes towards them, only once in a while. Jackson sighed knowing that he wasn't the only one who wasn't taking this break-up lightly, which was also expected. Jackson was sitting across the Café, his airpods in his ear connected to a call with Wendy hearing everything.

It was mostly girl things: personal hygiene, school and boys, the usual things that girls talk about and at times he's felt guilty hearing all of this, so tempted to hang up the phone and walk out of the Café, but he didn't. Irene barely talked just observed like she usually does. It killed him but it didn't, it was a nice feeling.

"So how's things going with Minhyuk, Unnie?"

Joy asked Irene, Wendy turning, taking a quick glance at Jackson before turning around.