Chapter Three

☀︎︎❤︎☀︎︎
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜʀᴇᴇ - Tʀᴜsᴛ
☀︎︎❤︎☀︎︎

Hajime's POV:

She ended up slowly pushing me toward the dorms. I could've resisted, but I chose not to.

"You'll never achieve hope if you don't get any rest, I think..."

"Wow, you're really into that hope thing that Usami mentioned... Maybe you should just calm down about it? She could be dangerous."

"She might be, she might not, but you need to sleep."

Eventually, I gave in and went into my cottage for the night. The room was cold, but the warm breeze from outside seemed to calm it down to a moderate temperature. I flopped down on my bed and looked up at the ceiling, slowly raising and lowering my hand above me.

I thought to myself,
"There's a catch in this game of hope. It's not going to be to just make friends... There's probably some secret mastermind to this game, maybe it's Usami or maybe it's someone else. Whoever they are, I better watch out for them. I can't trust anyone."

Trust...
Trust...
Trust...
The moment that word entered my mind, I thought of that girl: Chiaki. Trust? What did that mean for us? Do I trust her?

But, despite my constant retaliation, I pushed my emotions back to the corner of my mind. I couldn't trust anyone, especially someone who believes in this hope so greatly.

I wonder if anyone else feels such hope to be important as much as she does, perhaps even more so.

No, of course not, there's absolutely no one on this island that cherishes hope to fulfil their entire being. I'm just overthinking things.

And with that I fell into a deep sleep. What could await us at dawn? Well, who knows? All I know is that I have to face the problem head-on and destroy it before it is too late. That's if I'm even strong enough to defeat it in the first place...

What if I don't have trust in the others? My mind can't control that, so how can I achieve it?

Well, maybe I should trust my heart. Maybe it will lead me somewhere no one has stepped foot in before.