Spin (Chap 9)

Chapter 9: Spin

Snow Whites Pov

I shut my doors exhausted with Merlin. My eyebrows shot to my hairline noticing that the back of my doors were burned with two deep jagged marks looking like firecrackers were thrown at it. I shook my head, God only knows what's happened to my room while I was away.

It took a while to reassure Merlin that I would speak to him again and not just at breakfast. I promised him everything just as long as he got out of my room. My hands rubbed my face aggressively, already wondering if the maids have found his room unused.

With a sigh, I walked back to the cup of tea sitting on the glass table. On my way over I saw that my red rose was tucked back between the two paws of my little toy rabbit. This wiltty little rose was just one reason I had promised to meet him. I wanted to give him something in return instead of just silence and displeasure.

My fingers didn't dare touch the rose. It almost hurt to even see it now, the sight of such a lovely gesture made me feel uneasy. Deciding to stay in my nightwear a little longer I took my teacup off the small glass table. While I sipped, I went towards the now cold messy coach. My father's clock kept ticking reminding me I'd be late for breakfast.

How could I eat with my head bursting at the seams?

I have known Merlin for a short period of time and I fell hard and fast. The young wizard has assured me that the rumors were unreal. But now without rumors... I was left with even less information about him. Now that I felt he was a stranger I yearned to learn more about this side of him.

My thoughts fought with one another. We got along. We have chemistry. But still,Merlin hardly even knows me and I... I just don't know enough about him to allow myself to be courted. And I couldn't just date him, there was no such thing as dating with a princess. Princessess weren't allowed to have boyfriends, if we had even one it looked bad. Our families only allowed suiters and potential husbands to court us. The idea of secretly dating Merlin made my stomach queasy. The public would believe it was improper and... well unladylike. I can only guess at what people would imagine about us meeting in secret.

As I replayed our conversations, I still hadn't thought over Merlins' question. He asked if I'm still the same. The same how? There's more to me now as Snow White, more than I cared to have unveiled. Out in the F7's home we just talked about each other, the very general information really, on how we lived or how my life was like. I couldn't be honest with him, not fully. I couldn't tell him where I really came from or else he would know there were no Princess Red Shoes that lived on Muffin Lane. Only Snow White lived there.

A loud yawn escaped me and I rolled my eyes already feeling the effects of the medicine. A nap was out of the question though, I had to make an appearance at breakfast. Standing, I went to go and change into a simple slimming, yellow dress. This would be my first breakfast with my father in a very long time. Images of previous meals with Papa made my hands work faster at dressing my full figure.

I loved breakfast. The table would be filled with so many mouth-watering warm pastries and loaves of bread. There would be bread like no other, bread such as: cranberry pecan, raisin, and blueberry delight. There will be colorful and freshly squeezed juices that would fill pitchers to the brim; juices like sweet jamaica, papaya, melon, and orange juice. There would be pancakes drizzled with strawberry syrup, sprinkled with black barries, and bananas on top. I could practically taste the powered sugar that would be generously applied to my mini cakes as they always have and I can't forget the plentiful fruit baskets that held my favorite green apples. I groaned in anticipation already feeling my mouth water imagining the sweet smells coming from the warm kitchen.