1

"Hurry up!" She yelled at me as I walked too slow. I sigh in frustration, I can't take much of this any longer. I'll have to end this sometime soon, I think to myself.

The smart thing to do is break up with her but knowing her she'll probably do something irrational like sue me, ludicrous idea I know but you don't know her...she'll do anything in her power to have her way.

"Ashton I'm not going to wait all fucking day for you, god damn it you think everything is about you." She says to me in disgust.

"Coming, dear." I let out another sigh making my way to my lovely girlfriend.

..

Lately these days Katherine doesn't love me like the way she use to, physical ways too. I always have to do things on my own, masturbating wise. I could barely touch her without getting yelled at or being told "I'm not in the mood."

"Can you stop being so loud Jesus I can't think with you around."

I love her I really do. Or else I wouldn't deal with this bullshit. "I don't think picking out a cereal at the grocery store takes much thought, Kat."

Oh I really did it now. "Are you talking back to me Ashton?!" She yells in the store. People start to stare at us bickering. "Please can we not do this here?" trying to reason with her is like talking to a wall; useless.

She huffs and goes back to looking at the contents on the shelves. Whenever we go out to public areas this always seems to happen.

..

The next day I get up and get ready to go to work. Oh did I mention my boss is Katherine's father. She's the one who got me it, I guess that's also a reason why I feel so attached to her. Although losing my job for the benefit of my happiness seems reasonable but then again my pay check also makes me happy.

I walk into the big building and head to my office. It's very spacious and high class, not that I'm complaining. "Ashton! My boy, how are you?" Mr. Duval greets in a cheerful manner, totally opposite of his daughter. "Swell sir, how about yourself?" I smile. It's kind of  pressuring sometimes knowing my rent money rests in the hands of Katherine's father. "Fine fine, thanks. What I came here to ask of you is to help me out a bit, we hired a new intern and she needs some guidance so do you think you could..?"

Shit more weight on my shoulders. I could barely maintain myself how am I going to guide a newbie. "Yes I'd be delighted to assist Mr. Duval. No worries." I internally slap myself for agreeing. "Oh dear, thank God, and please call me Tom we're much more than just work acquaintances." He replies as he walks out of my office.

I walk back towards my desk and look down at the papers, starting to scan them. My job is basically to read people's short stories, if I don't like it I just go onto the next one trying to find the next acceptable writer. After about 10 minutes I get lost staring outside. Those papers need to be thrown out because they're complete shit, one rule of good writing is if they don't catch the readers attention within the first paragraph, it's over.

A knock at the door averts my eyes from the big window. "Hello, are you Ashton Irwin? I'm Haley Moore, I'm the new intern. Mr Duval told me to come here to ge-" I raise my hand cutting her response short. "I already know why you're here no need to explain." I say to her. I might sound rude but I'm just in a bad mood.

She quickly nods her head and shuts up. After I tell her to sit down, I go into full detail into telling her how to survive this place without getting stepped on. Especially knowing the ropes since I first started off as an intern.

..

I sigh closing the front door to my home. Gently shrugging off my jacket and placing it on the coat hanger.

"Ashton, is that you?" Katherine hollers from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I respond walking into the kitchen to see her cutting up vegetables and putting them in a pot.

Oh my god she's making dinner for the first time. I'm utterly shocked she would even consider cooking for me other than throwing a frozen meal in the microwave.

"I thought I'd do something special for us since we've been having altercations lately." She say's going back to cutting more celery.

I hold back a laugh. Lately? We've been having issues since this relationship started.  Seeing her in a good mood is like trying to see Santa, it happens only once a year. She's still chopping shit up, humming to herself acting as if everything is fucking jolly when it's not. I need a beer. I grab one out of the refrigerator and head to the living room.

*****

thank you for reading, this story has been on hold for soooooo long omf I finally got the guts to just publish it so here it is, chapter 2 will be up soon.