Escapee

Percy POV

When I arrived at the cabin where Harry, Ron, Hermione and I had agreed to meet in, I was surprised to see Harry sadly chewing at a chocolate candy. Ron was chewing too, but he looked much happier about it.

"What's the matter?" I asked and slid next to Hermione, across from the boys.

"You know the prisoner that escaped?" Harry mumbled.

"Yeah, what of him?"

"He's Sirius Black, the man who sold out my parents to Voldemort. He's the reason that they're dead."

"Well, that sucks."

"To make things worse, the Minister of Magic is sending Dementors to guard the school. He thinks that Black wants to continue his murder of the Potters."

"Is that bad? I'd think extra security would help."

Hermione broke in. "Percy,
the Dementors aren't good news. They feed off of people's happiness and, if they're close enough, will eat your soul."

"We have those in America, too. They're called a different name, though."

"Really? What?" Hermione always needed to know everything. Well, at least she walked into my joke this time.

"Professors," I said grinning.

Hermione gave me a light slap on the shoulder, but the goal of the joke was accomplished. Harry cracked a smile. It wouldn't be any good for him to be wallowing in sadness while people were trying to kill him.

As an added bonus, Ron started laughing. His mouth was full of chocolate, so the laughter quickly turned into fits of coughing and choking up. This made Harry laugh harder, and Hermione with him.

Now that they were distracted and chatting, I sat back in my chair to think. On my way in, I had smelled something very odd. A werewolf, and not the kind that I was.

I suppose it wasn't all that odd, after all the Huntsmen had chased them to an island that developed into England, a country which Adam turned out to be very wrong in his negative prediction. We had assumed that the giants, Centaurs, dragons, and countless other monsters would kill them. Evidently, this was not the case.

However, the problem was not that they survived but that one of them was onboard the Hogwarts Express. They couldn't shift from human to wolf like normal werewolves, but instead morphed into a wild half man half wolf monster with an animalistic desire to kill. It happened at every full moon, with nothing to stop it. If a change happened at the school, many students could be killed or injured.

"Percy," Hermione said, shaking me from my thoughts. "I asked, do you want some of these snacks?"

"No thanks, I'm fine."

"Oh, you've got to have some," Harry said. "These frogs are fantastic!"

Ron said something through a full mouth that I couldn't make out.

"Okay, I'll have a few."

Harry handed me a frog. I promptly bit off its head, much to the amusement of the boys.

Arriving at Hogwarts Station, a voice over the magical intercom said.

Everyone put away their belongings and got ready to get off the train.

This would certainly be a fun year, what with the betrayer escapee and soul-stealing guards.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

I'm terribly sorry for all the wait and the short chapter, but I've had a research paper due for school that took up most of my nights and all of my writing energy. Now that it's over with, you can count on more regular updates and regular sized chapters.