lilia stark curiosities

So, Lilia Stark. Most of you know me through Lilia, most of you only know me for Lilia. I'm glad I wrote her, it was a power move for me and it kick-started my fanfic portfolio. Nonetheless, there is much that I could say about her.

But that's going to be left for another time because today, I'm going to tell you the plots that I had in mind for her and that didn't make it in the last version, as well as plots that did make it and that I regret.

1. Lilia was originally meant to HATE Theon. However, for some unknown reason, I decided to sprinkle their relationship in. Now, whereas I don't regret their relationship, I do regret having her hating him... BUT it works with the plot I came up with afterwards.

2. Lilia was meant to be Robb's twin but then I did the math (yes, I do a lot of Math during the writing process, more than I'd like) and figured it would be best if she was the first daughter and second child. 

3. Lilia was supposed to like Joffrey and feel offended that Sansa had been betrothed to him and not her. In my rewriting of the story, I'm going with the last part. She feels slightly offended because she thinks she should be the one to be Queen, being the eldest daughter.

4. Lilia was supposed to be a lot like Lyanna. However, I was too new to the fandom and when I found out more about Lyanna (and I have my theories about her), I gave up.

5. Lilia's love interest was supposed to be Jaime and I think it's really obvious. For all those that follow me on Instagram, you know that they eventually get married and whereas they do get married under the circumstances I always planned, the outcome isn't the same.

6. Lilia was supposed to have three children by Jaime: a boy named Robb and the twins, Arthur and Elinor.

7. Lilia and Oberyn were bound to be betrothed at some point during the War of the Five Kings.

8. Arianne and Lilia were written to parallel Margaery and Sansa.

9. I wrote Lilia with the intent of making her and Cersei two sides of the same coin.

10. I based Lilia on many historical characters as well as Westerosi historical characters (more on that later on)

I hope you have enjoyed these ten curiosities. There is much more to reveal but I'll wait until I finish, at least, the second act. For the time being, stay tuned for more posts about other matters.