Chapter 24: He Jianxi Cried

He Jianxi thought that he had his own philosophy of survival. For so many years, he had a clear conscience. Although the world was full of unhappiness and unfairness, the little world in his heart had never been invaded or shaken. In addition, his greatest confidence was that he had never met any bad guys doing bad things that he didn't see coming.

As a result, this world couldn't scare him.

Unfortunately, this confidence was destroyed in a single moment. Ever since he had met Zhang Haiyan, he had been unable to foresee any of this series of illogical incidents. Plus, the way things were developing kept getting more and more absurd. He didn't know what he would see the next time he opened his eyes.

His grievances and fear rushed at him like water breaking a dam, and he started to cry. He wasn't wailing, but crying in a low voice because he was so scared.

Zhang Haiyan was exhausted, so he lay in the bathtub and rested for a while. Then, he slowly stood up and turned on the hot water so the sound would mask He Jianxi's sobbing.

Zhang Haiyan stepped out of the bathtub, grabbed a clean towel, and wiped himself clean.

Steven's dinner had been placed on the side of the sofa, untouched. There was borscht soup and bread, which Zhang Haiyan used to dip into the soup. He took a few bites and thought for a while before drinking the rest of the soup. He left only two slices of bread for He Jianxi, but after thinking about it again, he ate another slice, leaving only one left.

This was a very well-planned operation. The other party definitely wasn't full of amateurs, and he didn't expect them to have so many people.

Those killers must have seen him escape to the first-class cabin and knew he was hiding there, but they probably didn't know which room he was in, let alone that he was in Steven's room.

They wouldn't risk starting an attack in the first-class cabin, but it wasn't because they couldn't kill the passengers. If it were him, he would set up secret sentries at all the passages in the first-class cabin to wait for the target to come out, which meant that he was already trapped.

There were killers among the waiters, so they would definitely check each room.

What to do? If it were him, he would act immediately and kill the target tonight.

The only good news was that he was on the third floor and the shipowner's daughter was staying on the fourth floor.

Miss Dong. She's also difficult to deal with, but she has lots of firearms.

Zhang Haiyan originally wanted to kill the assassins before he abducted Miss Dong to make the ship turn around so that he could save Zhang Haixia. But based on the situation now, it was impossible for him to kill the assassins by himself.

He thought for a while. Since he was alone and didn't have any backup, he could only rely on his shamelessness.

He dragged Steven out of the bathtub, tore off his bath towel, and tied him to a chair. Then he walked back over to the bathtub and pulled He Jianxi out of it before finding a lamp and ripping the chord out.

When Steven woke up, he found himself tied to a chair with both feet in the bathtub.

Zhang Haiyan was holding the lamp cord, which was resting on the edge of the bathtub and cushioned with a towel. The end of the cord was wrapped around a glass with whiskey in it.   

The edge of the bathtub wasn't flat, so the whiskey glass could slip into the water at any time.  

"If you dare scream for help, I'll kick the bathtub as soon as you make the first sound," Zhang Haiyan said.