Chapter Three

It was the end of the school day; just a couple more days until break. Sunset was seen talking with he friends as she and them walked out of CHS. They were talking about homework, finals, and fall break.

"Do ya'll wanna go to the café?" Applejack asked the group.

"Well, I do have a few errands to run, not to mention helping Sweetie Belle with her homework," Rarity replied, "but it can wait, she can understand," she added after a second thought.

"I'm free, homework can wait," Sunset answered.

"I'm totally coming! Homework can wait for later, we have a lot of time, so I'm in," Pinkie answered as she rolled her eyes in amusement.

Fluttershy and Twilight have yet to answer.

"How about you two?" asked Applejack.

"I wish I can come, but my animals need some help on something, and I promise I would help them straight after school. I don't wanna leave them," worried Fluttershy.

"I can't! I have some studying to do for our finals we have yet to do! Sorry, but I'm busy," Twilight said.

"Aww... that sucks. Well, we'll see ya tomorrow!" shouted Pinkie as she started to skip while the others said their goodbyes and started to walk along the path Pinkie was heading.

Back at the school, the top of the statue was glowing. Then, a swirl of magic came out through it. It began to swirl around in the air. It began to head where Sunset and her friends were going. Suddenly, it reached towards Sunset and made its way into Sunset's geode. Her geode started to shimmer a little.Sunset felt it. She started to get that feeling again. 'What was that? Why was my geode glowing?' thought Sunset. Without realizing they reached the café, she bumped into Rarity who was in front of her.

"Oops, sorry Rarity, I wasn't paying attention," apologized Sunset as she scratched her head.

"It's alright, darling. Is everything alright?" asked Rarity.

"No, everything's fine," lied Sunset.

'Not everything's fine. Princess Twilight hasn't responded ever since I wrote to her...' thought Sunset as she walked inside the café and sat down at the table her friends had chosen. They began to place their orders. Pinkie got the Sweet Sensation, which is a vanilla-flavored shake topped with candies and chocolates, a scoop of birthday cake ice cream, sprinkles, whipped cream with cherry on top, two chocolate-vanilla wafers, and a swirl patterned straw. Applejack got the Country Apple smoothie that is mostly made from apples, and a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. Rarity got a lavender vanilla flavored tea, and Sunset just got a mocha iced tea. After they ordered their beverages, they started to talk.

"So, what do ya'll wanna talk about?" asked Applejack.

"Ooh! I know! There was this thing that happened to be during baking class. It was so cool, yet so strange," explained Pinkie.

"How strange, darling?" asked Rarity.

"Well..." continued Pinkie.

'Hurry up, Twilight!' thought Sunset as she looked into her book bag, waiting for the journal to vibrate and light up. 'Could she really be that busy?' she thought again as she banged her head against the table.

"Ughh!!!!" Sunset groaned loudly.

"Uh, you alright, Sunset?" asked a concerned Applejack, "ya seem a bit... jumpy."

"Is it about the strange magic, darling?" asked Rarity.

"Ooh! Is that why when I throw my sprinkles in the air, it made a big "BOOM?'" asked Pinkie.

"Wait? What are you talking about?" asked Sunset as she lifted her head up from the table.

"Well, you see..." started Pinkie.

Pinkie then went from explaining how her sprinkles caused a bigger, stronger explosion than before. She thought that she added too many sprinkles, so she lessened them. She explained how it got worse when she added other candies as well, and she was banned from using them throughout the school year. Rarity then explained that during science class, she was called up to the board to write some sort of formula. Then, she explained how when someone entered the classroom from the bathroom, a crystal, diamond shaped shield appeared out of nowhere. Rarity also explained how she was only writing on the board when it suddenly appeared.
Applejack was next, she was in wood-chopping class when she was building a birdhouse. She explained how she was placing a nail on one of the small boards she carefully cut, she grabbed the hammer, and hammered it softly. It broke the birdhouse, and split the table altogether. She was fined for fifty-dollars of damaging school property.
'This is worse than I thought...' Sunset thought as she heard all her friends' explanations.

"How 'bout you Sunset, feelin' your powers' suddenly gotten stronger?" asked Applejack.

"Well, not exactly, well I don't know..." said a confused Sunset, "well, earlier, it's like something went into my geode, 'cause it was glowing, but I'm not sure what caused it."

"What if one of our friends are overusing their powers'?" Pinkie chimed in.

"We all made an agreement to use them in moderation," Sunset said matter of factly, "I'm still waiting for Princess Twilight to reply, and for some reason, she's taking forever! I can't wait any longer!" she yelled impatiently.

Suddenly, Sunset's bag began to vibrate and glow.