Invitation

A/N:hey. I just wanted to say thanks for reading stupid writing, but hey, who thought you would still be reading this piece of junk. Merry Christmas

Sophie's POV

Sophie stumbled down the hall of Foxfire, on her way to Telepathy Classes. It had gotten awkward after Sophie had shouted, annoyed at Fitz, that she didn't want to be Cognates. She rubbed her wrist anxiously, knowing the awkwardness too good now.

She slowly walked down a familiar hall. The white walls seemed to gleam like:REMEMBER ME SOPHIE. Then it clicked.

This was the hall Keefe Sencen, her crush met her. Wow. It felt about one thousand years ago. In fact, she still would be alive, thanks to elves weird infinite lifespans.

"Well isn't it the mysterious Miss.F, waiting in the hall, so her dashingly handsome crush will appear". Keefe made a sighing-dreamy face. He switched his voice to her accent.

"Oh, How I wish my handsome, awesome-haired crush could come"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I was... thinking", she blushed.

"Obviously about the Keefester", cried Keefe, striking a pose.

Sophie rolled her eyes so hard, her eye sockets went sore. Keefe grinned. "So, what's keeping ya' from those fab Cognate classes with Fitzipoop?", asked Keefe.

Sophie and Fitz decided to keep their Cognate-fail a secret for a few weeks. Or months. Basically a year now. It was miserable lying.

"Nothing!", Sophie said, maybe a little too quickly.

"Hm", said Keefe.

Sophie tried not to look like she was dragging her feet, procrastinating. Probably failing as well.

"I hear every lie", viewed Keefe. 

"Good for you!", snapped Sophie crossly.

Keefe (in an annoyingly cute way) fanned the air. "Some hot anger here , I see", he winked.

She ran along the halls to Telepathy classes. Fitz and Tiergan were staring into each others eyes.

Total Fiergan, thought Sophie. Agh, Keefe is rubbing off on me. 

Fitz jumped. "Why are you an hour late?", demanded Tiergan. "Are you ditching?"

Fitz glared. "With Keefe presumably. Sophie didn't blush. Or blink. She felt like she was going to cry. She was always a minute so late ever since the Cognate Fail. 

"Are you...crying?", asked Sir Tiergan.

"No!", yelled Sophie. "Let's get this over with"

It was after school when the invite arrived.

Biana rushed forward, seizing Sophie's arm before she could pull out her home Crystal. 

"What?", snapped Sophie, trying to erase her grumpiness from leaking into her tone. Unfortunately, she needed a new strategy for that.

Biana grinned, a giant smile on her face. She was humming with energy, the fizzing feeling radiating energy off her. She was bouncing foot to foot. 

Sophie's eyes went wide. "Uh-uh", she whispered. "Excited Biana on the loose". Before she could clap her hands over her ears and run to a cliff and teleport to Havenfield, Biana yelled:"EEEKKKKK, WE ARE HAVING A WEKK LONG SLEEPOVER WITH THE WHOLE GANG AT EVERGLENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!"

Sophie wanted to cry hurt tears. Biana probably broke her eardrums, and the other Prodigies were staring. "Okay", she whispered. Her ears!

Biana's humming energy twisted down to the crowd, and in a flash of light, she was gone. Sophie knew that she left a sliver of excitement somewhere on the campus.

"Havenfield!", she barely whispered, letting the light carry her away.

A/N:Word Count-519 words. If you're reading this, wow, I actually made a chapter. Phew. Plz vote and comment!