Chapter 4

Kacey' s POV

Kacey' s POV

          It was 2014 when I was first "dropped off" in a different dimension. Whoever teleported me at least had the decency to bring my pride with me too. It all happened so fast, one moment we were packing to go on a cruise and we had been riding in a taxi on the way to the port when we had a major car wreck. We thought that we crashed into a regular old tree. It wasn't just a tree, but it was really a bridge. A bridge between dimensions, So to speak.

        We ended up in New Orleans, the birth place of jazz, creole culture, and Mardi Gras. I just hoped that it proved to be a quick fix so my pride and I could hurry on back to our world. However, we didn't realize that this world was overrun by corrupted witches, crazy vampires, vicious werewolves and a weird ass family that was almost always having a power struggle. It was very tiring, I tell you.

     Three weeks later, I first saw a very handsome blond male and his family at the bar. My pride was hungry and wanted to take a break, so I took them out to eat. My adopted children and one of our elders decided to come along and I was stuck with finding a restaurant that had room for a party of 10. My children were an odd bunch, to pit it lightly. After their mother died, she put me as their legal guardian until they turned 19. Which was very odd mind you, I had never meet this woman in my life nor did I ever want to. They bumped into me in the street one day and stole some of money ( I didn't notice until 30 minutes after the fact) and they looked rough. Their biological mother was evil amd materialistic, she told my sons that she would've sell them on the street corner in order to get what she wanted.

           They didn't even have names until I took them to the doctor's office for a check up. The younger one was black and blue all over his back while the older one had cuts all over his face. They were starving, dehydrated and dirty for spending weeks without a nice shower. They were both scared of me and of women in general, but after multiple tries, they warmed up to the thought of me. 6 months into them living with me, I was teaching them how to read and write and two months later, I let them name themselves. The oldest one picked the name Scott and the younger one picked Ethan. I had to go through a lot of paperwork to legally change their first names from "Child Of" to Scott and Ethan, but I don't regret it.

         I decided on giving them my last name because their father was out the picture. He supposedly left them with that woman because she did not tell him that she was pregnant to get back at him the first time. Then she got pregnant again; however, she was really strung out doing the early stages in her pregnancy and he hoped that Ethan would die. He absolutely did not want anymore kids to begin with, so when I finally got their biological mother to sign her rights away, he did as well. Consequently, I have been raising my sons since they were 6 and 4.

         I gave them a new life and love and devotion to the best of my ability. I have went through hell and back to save them and believe me when I say that I will do what ever it takes to keep them. They are mine, even though not biologically. So I make sure that no one will ever step up to them and if they try any of that bullshit, somebody will definitely come up missing. I love them to death, but sometimes children are such a handful.

I introduced them to my pride and we have been a whole family ever since.

            When we first walked into the bar, Scott and Ethan both took my hands and sat me right in between them

            When we first walked into the bar, Scott and Ethan both took my hands and sat me right in between them. They were respectively, 14 and 12 years old and puberty was hitting Scott everywhere. If anybody was looking to me, Scott would send them this evil glare that could burn entire cities down. He can be over protective sometimes, but I know that he means well. All of a sudden, I felt holes burining into the left side of my face. I kept on ignoring it as my pride and I went to sit down in the restaurant, but I could not ignore what it was making me feel. My hands started to get sweaty and my heart was beating so erratically, I thought that I was going to go into cardiac arrest. 'You know what? I'm not going to sit here and be uncomfortable,' I thought to myself.

 'You know what? I'm not going to sit here and be uncomfortable,' I thought to myself

       I made the decision to look up and when I did, I saw his angelic face.

Author's Note : these pictures are not mine and are actually from the world wide web. This pictures are actually from the Hard Rock Cafe in NOLA.