Kaeya, Diluc and a third wheel that is Klee

Klee was in solitary confinement  again. Something that was regular on occasion, just like the fact that Kaeya was there.

Now, what was new was the fact that Kaeya was outside her window unscrewing the hinges with his sword.

Quite unsuccessfully.

Kaeya had his legs spread. His feet were digging into the ledges of the window. It was similar to a type of power stance one would use to ask someone out.

If anyone, at any point, saw Kaeya right then... they would probably do nothing about it because they have no time to deal with his shit.

But the humiliation would be there, and to Kaeya, that was the worst thing that could ever happen.

But somehow the thought of Klee in solitary confinement during Christmas was even worse.

So he grit his teeth and continued to use his extremely expensive sword to painfully unscrew the hinges. 

Why not just use a screwdriver? Well, Kaeya didn't have one, nor the thought to spend mora to buy one. If only mora grew on trees...

____________________

Usually during Christmas, Monstadt would be covered with a light layer of snow. Besides that there would be lights set up around the town. Lights that would illuminate the snow in bright Christmas colours and a tree that was in the centre of the city. (The tree was huge; it was a wonder how the traveller managed to bring such a tree inside without any trouble). With its decorations which were put up by Jean herself. She was after all the only one who had brain cells. 

Kaeya would be lying if he said that the snow didn't make him slightly uncomfortable.

But this was Monstadt and it was home. 

It also helped that Klee was exceptionally cute today with her adorable little coat and the scarf that was slightly too big and drowned her in its snuglyness. Kaeya had to physically hold himself back to not hug her every five minutes. 

Klee gasped at every decoration she saw, smiling and talking about how excited she was to go the party. It was a small celebration in Angel's Share set up by Diluc himself and nobody else.

(“Come on, please?” Kaeya was laying on top of Diluc. His fingers dancing on top of Diluc’s chest which earned him an exasperated look. Which Kaeya returned with a pout.

“It’ll be fun.” There was still that look on his face. “And I’ll let you invite anyone you want.” He finished with a smirk and tried to emulate a cat being surrounded by knives.

Then he felt the other's hand trail up his back to rest his hand at the back of his head, and immediately dragged him down back to lay on his chest.

He gave a fake gasp ”You insatiable beast! Touching a fair maiden-“.

“Fine.”

Kaeya choked a little. “What?” he said as he rose to his elbows.

“I said-“ Diluc looked at him properly. ”Fine.”

Kaeya honestly didn’t think he would get this far, but that didn’t stop him from kissing the other as a thanks.)