Open Arms

Open Arms... Is this the song popularized by Mariah? Yes, you are definitely right! An eight letter words that once hit the music industry.

But now, it is more than that to me.  It simply means that I am now ready to accept the challenge of saying I Love You --- also an eight letter words.

You heard it right folks, this is it!  Not that I am totally prepared but I can say that I am now open in entering a relationship.  Sabi nga nila -- just in case someone will come and knock into my heart, am I fine now with it? And the answer is -- isang malutong na YES and open arms kong tatanggapin while stretching my arms to welcome LOVE.

I am a hopeless romantic person.  Believes in love, magic and happy ever after.  But I am also a woman who have a lot of dreams to fulfill along the way.

I once a girl who was busy chasing her dreams that love was not in her vocabulary and refused to fall for it -- by choice. 

There were times that I avoided a friend who wrote me a letter saying that he likes me. And it was a no no for me back then.  Gravity, we were just first year high school!

Since that one fateful afternoon,  I was known by my family, friends and relatives with these harsh lines -- am sorry marami pa akong pangarap sa buhay, I am busy and do not have time for that, I still have money for my jeepney or bus fare i.e. when a guy was trying to pay for my pamasahe or you should not visit me home coz I am not sick or I do not need flowers but you can bring it to church altars blah..blah..blah...

Wait! There's more. Three of my most remarkable and mabenta no no lovelife quotes were -- Love equals one giant headache if you asked me or my lovelife is like an equation lots of variables which is equal to ZERO!  The best one was I am sorry but hindi pa buhay ang lalaki para sa akin. ..just imagine now if di pa rin ba sya pinapanganak? Wag naman po ha ha ha

I know.. I know.. I was so OA and harsh.  But would you believe that during those times I was and up until now a fan of weddings, datings, engagements, proposals and everything that has to do with destiny? Only, I was not patronizing it for myself not because I don't believe in it. But simply because I knew deep inside my heart that I was not yet ready.  I was so close minded to entertain the thought of being in love or being in a relationship.  I still have a lot of dreams, responsibilities by then and was enjoying being single afraid to get hurt and at the same time magkamali.  I even prayed na not now God.  Please no lovelife and wag mo syang ipadating sa akin or don't let him find me. Hide and seek po muna. I am not yet prepared....pretty please.

And surprise, surprise! I just woke up one morning feeling so giddy just the thought of being in love.  Finally, it hit me! I don't exactly know what transpires this milestones in me but one thing is for sure I am happy embracing this new feeling because I know God prepared me to be  physically, mentally, emotionally and most especially spiritually ready. 

Knowing that God wrote my love story, chose and prepared my leading man, I am clueless how He will directs him to me.  I don't know how will I met him, how he looks like or if I already met him.  In short, I am in for the biggest surprise of my lovelife Lord! Thinking of this, I am so excited but I know I need to be chill, relax and to wait patiently.  He is on his way in finding me.

With stronger faith, the promise of forever, always and more... is yet to come.  A man who is more than a gift from God. A man who came from God's heart -- an answer to my prayers -- that I am willing to accept whole heartedly and with open arms.