Dear Dino

Dear Dino,

We were in grade five when we first met.  We're not classmates but yes we were schoolmates, more so, we have neighboring classrooms.  We used to smile to each other, talked regarding school stuffs and we used to go home together.  We became friends.

It was in our grade six years that we became classmates.  We belong on the same row because the first letter of our surname are the same.  We are in the same circle of friends.  My home became the home of the barkada.  We used to hang out in our home after school.  My parents knew you and liked you.  For them, you are kind, responsible and

a happy person despite of your own

struggles in life....and I couldn't agree more.

First year high school came.  We entered the same school but belong in a different section.  I was in section 1 and you were in section 3 but it never became an issue for us to continue the friendship.  We share notes and school stuffs and you, especially, find ways to send me home after  school.  The friendship got stronger.  You were so proud of me and happy for me when I was able to land on top ten during the first grading period.

Then that one fateful afternoon came.  You returned my sci-tech magazine which you were borrowed.  You gave it when we see each other in school. End of my classes came but we were not able to go home together.  I was walking home when I begin to scan the sci-tech you returned.  It was a surprised that I found a piece of one whole paper between the pages of my mag.  It was a letter from you -- oh I forgot to mention that you have a very good penmanship...way better than mine.

The letter says how proud you are to me, how happy you are for my achievements and through that letter you expressed your admiration to me not only as a friend but as a special girl.  You had a crush on me and you like me.  You knew me that much that you even mentioned for me not to avoid you, its just that you just wanted me to know how much you adore me that time.

I was so young then.. so pure.. innocent and so mataray.  You knew that I hate crushes or more appropriately I don't have time for such.  I started to avoid and ignore you.  I just not only 'friendzoned' you but I 'unfriendzoned' you. 

I was succesful removing you in my life until second year high.  But third year came and we became classmates.  You joined the highest section on that year. You try again to open the communication between us and try to be friend with me and the rest of our classmates.  You were succesful to win the friendship of everyone except me....bato ako e...maldita and such.

Fourth year high.  We were in the same group in our Physics class.  We were seated in the same table opposite and facing each other.  We had lots of group of activities that we were able to survive though we were not in good terms.  Wait, mali pala, it just me who have problems.  Because you were still kind of me and so dedma of me being bratty to you.  You always had a smile and good worda for me.  Goodness you are so manhid-- that's how I described you.  I was so mean to you on those years of our high school life.  Our classmates even teased us and even my parents since most of our out-of-school activities were held in our home.  My siblings used to asked me what happened between us.  They even told me that they liked you for me...boto daw sila sa'yo though you were not a candidate for election...haha..

Our high school life ended and I must say that we finished it with flying colors.  We both an honorable mention among thousand of students.  Believe it or not though I was not talking to you, I was so happy that we both did it.  We had a lot of grad pics together with the rest of honor rolls.  I was usually seated on the left side in front while you were standing on right side at the back.  We were totally located on the opposite sides but both were smiling.

I haven't seen you for the rest of the years but heard alot about you from our classmates and even from my parents and siblings especially from my mom and sister and even from my closest friend. They have a lot of info about you and even mentioned that you are in Europe and you are still single though you were supposed to got married last 2013 but was not pushed through.

It was last December that I came across your facebook page.  I am not stalking you, its just that we have a lot of common friends.  Hep, I am not making justification.  But honestly, I tempted to browse your page and so I did and found out of your whereabouts.  Again, I am happy on what you become.  Did I mentioned that yes you are in Italy and still single like me.

With most of my relatives and friends asking me about being single and the possibility that I have someone na pinalagpas before, I am really considering that you...you are that someone whom I let slips away.